Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Very strange there would be three black bears in a row taken. Is it safe to say Kleiboer isn’t coming next year? What do you make of Farrell going so late?
    And Peca was a recruit and decommitted. So, could have been 4 in a row. Yes, I think this is and indication Kleiboer is coming to Maine in 19/20 season. I am not sure I know enough about their draft to comment too much about Farrell going late and Renwick not at all. I believe they limit the number of imports.

Comment

Tv interview of Thiessen and his coach on Thiessen's success...

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1287978

Thiessen seems excited about coming to Maine. Alfie had a big role in his decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Thiessen seems excited about coming to Maine. Alfie had a big role in his decision.
        Uwe Krupp should coach that team.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Looks like Pappalardo is transferring to Holy Cross

Comment

Good luck to him.
            Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
            Looks like Pappalardo is transferring to Holy Cross
            Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Always a good sign when there excited to come and play @ Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                Always a good sign when there excited to come and play @ Maine.
                It was a great game for him, but an example of 17 yo future goalie for Maine...

https://youtu.be/1pqzG4AlQRQ

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  It was a great game for him, but an example of 17 yo future goalie for Maine...

https://youtu.be/1pqzG4AlQRQ
                  Good to see that they (Maine Recruiting) are looking into keeping the goaltending solid, something that Maine had a tradition years ago. I always say if your team is going to be a contender in Conference play and aiming at goals of playing in the NCAA's and to be considered legit and play for Hardware then it all starts in goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Good to see that they (Maine Recruiting) are looking into keeping the goaltending solid, something that Maine had a tradition years ago. I always say if your team is going to be a contender in Conference play and aiming at goals of playing in the NCAA's and to be considered legit and play for Hardware then it all starts in goal.
                    Speaks very well. Has given every thing he had for Maine hockey in 99. We lost Jimmy before. Well, we need promote Alfie. He's the type of guy that knows how to win.

Comment

Good article on the Great Dane...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...-the-long-road

Comment

Per Jeff Cox, Czech Defenseman Jakub Sirota has committed to Maine.

He was a bit of a "suitcase" in the USHL. Drafted by Des Moines, traded to Cedar Rapids, and then Cedar Rapids traded him back to the Bucs.

Bucs released him and he caught on in the NAHL.

Mobile 2 way defenseman.

Comment

• Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                          Per Jeff Cox, Czech Defenseman Jakub Sirota has committed to Maine.

He was a bit of a "suitcase" in the USHL. Drafted by Des Moines, traded to Cedar Rapids, and then Cedar Rapids traded him back to the Bucs.

Bucs released him and he caught on in the NAHL.

Mobile 2 way defenseman.
                          Looks like he had a tough year in the USHL, but a much better year in the NAHL. In my opinion, the ideal trajectory for him would be to progress and play in the USHL again next year, do much better, and come to Orono in 19-20.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            Looks like he had a tough year in the USHL, but a much better year in the NAHL. In my opinion, the ideal trajectory for him would be to progress and play in the USHL again next year, do much better, and come to Orono in 19-20.
                            If no one is going to leave early would think that has to happen. I hope both Holway and Keeper don’t leave after next year but that looks likely.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              Looks like he was a victim of import rule, can only have four imports. Two more if Canadian skaters. They had Ugbekile at similar size and had 60 games year before for Des Moines. And Napravnik also took a slot and plyed regularly there the year before. And then they traded for Werbix, which took 3rd import slot. So then they evidently had one slot left between Appendino and Sirota. Sirota had only been there two weeks and for two preseason games. So maybe he was not in a reasonable position to secure that final import spot.

The year before he was on a bd Cedar Rapids team. Looks like 5 defensemen(averaging 52 games played each) had worse plus minuses.

It could be the case of a decent player falling through the cracks. Here is a link describing his style...

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/ne...ayers-to-watch

Also, he wasn't taken in the recent phase two USHL draft, so unless I am missing something he won't play in USHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Looks like he was a victim of import rule, can only have four imports. Two more if Canadian skaters. They had Ugbekile at similar size and had 60 games year before for Des Moines. And Napravnik also took a slot and plyed regularly there the year before. And then they traded for Werbix, which took 3rd import slot. So then they evidently had one slot left between Appendino and Sirota. Sirota had only been there two weeks and for two preseason games. So maybe he was not in a reasonable position to secure that final import spot.

The year before he was on a bd Cedar Rapids team. Looks like 5 defensemen(averaging 52 games played each) had worse plus minuses.

It could be the case of a decent player falling through the cracks. Here is a link describing his style...

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/ne...ayers-to-watch

Also, he wasn't taken in the recent phase two USHL draft, so unless I am missing something he won't play in USHL.
                                Saw at one point he was rated fairly high by NHL central scouting. He has perfect size and looks like some offensive ability. Another good prospect.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X