Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: 2017 CHA Tournament

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    921

    2017 CHA Tournament

    With one game to go in the regular season, Robert Morris and Syracuse have both already earned a bye week for the tournament quarterfinals. The only thing left to be decided for the regular season is which of the two earns the regular season CHA title, or if they share it.

    The CHA tournament is at the HARBORCENTER in Buffalo, NY next weekend.

    -------------------------------------------------

    March 2 (Thursday) Quarterfinals - #3 Mercyhurst vs #6 Lindenwood at 4:00 PM, and #4 Penn State vs #5 RIT at approximately 7:30 PM.

    March 3 (Friday) Semifinals - #1 seed (probably Robert Morris) vs lowest remaining seed at 4:00 PM, and the #2 seed (probably Syracuse) vs highest remaining seed at approximately 7:30 PM.

    March 4 (Saturday) CHA Tournament Final at 4:00 PM. Barring any upsets, it will be Robert Morris vs Syracuse for the CHA title and a spot in the NCAA tournament.

  2. #2
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    21,903

    Re: 2017 CHA Tournament

    Robert Morris owns the head-to-head tiebreaker, so the Colonials are the #1 seed.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,931
    This is also known as the "who gives a cr*p about this cr*ppy conference" thread.

  4. #4
    How Bout that Pep Band?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    With one game to go in the regular season, Robert Morris and Syracuse have both already earned a bye week for the tournament quarterfinals. The only thing left to be decided for the regular season is which of the two earns the regular season CHA title, or if they share it.

    The CHA tournament is at the HARBORCENTER in Buffalo, NY next weekend.

    -------------------------------------------------

    March 2 (Thursday) Quarterfinals - #3 Mercyhurst vs #6 Lindenwood at 4:00 PM, and #4 Penn State vs #5 RIT at approximately 7:30 PM.

    March 3 (Friday) Semifinals - #1 seed (probably Robert Morris) vs lowest remaining seed at 4:00 PM, and the #2 seed (probably Syracuse) vs highest remaining seed at approximately 7:30 PM.

    March 4 (Saturday) CHA Tournament Final at 4:00 PM. Barring any upsets, it will be Robert Morris vs Syracuse for the CHA title and a spot in the NCAA tournament.
    I definitely missed when they made the entire tournament single elimination.

    Also, shoveit, shelfit.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmitty View Post
    I definitely missed when they made the entire tournament single elimination.

    Also, shoveit, shelfit.
    LOL, good alliteration. Very cute. I like it. Alas, the truth hurts.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    921

    Re: 2017 CHA Tournament

    In the first of today's two quarterfinal games, after two periods it's Lindenwood ahead of Mercyhurst 3-2. Yes, Lindenwood. Ahead of Mercyhurst.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    921

    Re: 2017 CHA Tournament

    Lindenwood holds on to win 3-2 and knock Mercyhurst out of the CHA tournament in the first quarterfinal matchup of today. Next up is Penn State facing RIT at around 7:30.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    921

    Re: 2017 CHA Tournament

    RIT beats Penn State 2-1 to finish the CHA quarterfinals.

    In tomorrow's semifinals, #1 Robert Morris takes on Lindenwood at 4:00 PM, followed by #2 Syracuse and RIT at approximately 7:30 PM.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    In the first of today's two quarterfinal games, after two periods it's Lindenwood ahead of Mercyhurst 3-2. Yes, Lindenwood. Ahead of Mercyhurst.
    Robert Morris is quietly chuckling under its breath.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Robert Morris is quietly chuckling under its breath.
    Maybe Lindenwood is the one chuckling as they beat RMU once this year!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by pakidnyc View Post
    Maybe Lindenwood is the one chuckling as they beat RMU once this year!
    Maybe, but probably about taking out MercyHurst. Good thing UMD didn't hire Sisti.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Maybe, but probably about taking out MercyHurst. Good thing UMD didn't hire Sisti.
    Why?

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: 2017 CHA Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Maybe, but probably about taking out MercyHurst. Good thing UMD didn't hire Sisti.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Why?
    Because then they wouldn't have hired Moana Cromwell?
    She had that Bulldog team ready to go this year. And she won WCHA coach of the year

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rosemount, MN
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: 2017 CHA Tournament

    Bobby Mo...moving on to the CHA championship game...2-1 over Lindenwood.
    "The decline of western civilization can be traced directly to bands no longer having horn sections. I'm pretty sure that's science."

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    921

    Re: 2017 CHA Tournament

    No surprise to anyone, Robert Morris will face Syracuse tomorrow at 4:00 for the CHA championship and a trip to the NCAA tournament.

  16. #16
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    21,903

    Re: 2017 CHA Tournament

    It's interesting that KRACH has Robert Morris ranked considerably higher than Syracuse, but the Lock ratings actually have Syracuse higher:
    https://it.stlawu.edu/~chodr/wchodr/current.html

    Hopefully, the two teams are both on top of their game today.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    921

    Re: 2017 CHA Tournament

    Well, Syracuse lost twice to Robert Morris in the regular season by scores of 3-1 and 2-1 (with presumably empty netters at the end), but they tied 2-2 and Syracuse beat Robert Morris 5-1 at the end of January, so it's a very winable game for Syracuse.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    157

    Re: 2017 CHA Tournament

    Robert Morris defeats Syracuse 2-0 and earns their first trip to the NCAA Tournament.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •