• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of the NEHC

Hobart to join the NEHC in 2017-18

http://www.nehockeyconference.com/men/pres1617/201701/jan24hob.php

Re: Future of the NEHC

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Friday night @ Skidmore and Saturday afternoon at Hobart. Heck of a roadtrip!!
    Potential travel partners
    Babson - UMB
    NEC - USM
    Norwich - Castleton
    Skidmore - Hobart
    Last edited by joecct; 01-24-2017, 11:46 AM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Properly working link:

http://nehockeyconference.com/men/pr...1/jan24hob.php

Cue up Brass Bonanza!!! Let's go Bart!
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Friday night @ Skidmore and Saturday afternoon at Hobart. Heck of a roadtrip!!
        Potential travel partners
        Babson - UMB
        NEC - USM
        Norwich - Castleton
        Skidmore - Hobart
        Sounds Pretty Good To Me
        Steve Day(NU71)
        Go Cadets

Comment

I heard rumblings of this but didn't expect it to pan out. Was also told it could cause a domino affect as well with other teams/leagues.

But Norwich, Babson, UMB in my back yard....in games that will mean something . Sign me up. Maybe we can get some improvements to the rink now.... :rollseyes:
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            I heard rumblings of this but didn't expect it to pan out. Was also told it could cause a domino affect as well with other teams/leagues.

But Norwich, Babson, UMB in my back yard....in games that will mean something . Sign me up. Maybe we can get some improvements to the rink now.... :rollseyes:
            As long as Brass Bonanza stays, nothing else matters!
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

I like the idea of NU and Castleton as partners. Won't this free up more out of conference games too?
              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                As long as Brass Bonanza stays, nothing else matters!

The locker rooms rival large closets. The ice surface has more ripples than Lake Ontario on a breezy late fall day. The city finally purchased a new zamboni and boards this year, but for what has been a strong program the past decade, the team deserves better. If Taylor could recruit with a real rink / facility, I think you'd see more from them....but then again I am bias lol
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                  I like the idea of NU and Castleton as partners. Won't this free up more out of conference games too?
                  Next year's schedule is still under discussion, but most likely no, there will not be more non-conference games at this point. We should know more by end of the week, early next week.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

The locker rooms rival large closets. The ice surface has more ripples than Lake Ontario on a breezy late fall day. The city finally purchased a new zamboni and boards this year, but for what has been a strong program the past decade, the team deserves better. If Taylor could recruit with a real rink / facility, I think you'd see more from them....but then again I am bias lol
                    That was mainly tongue in cheek. I personally love "the Cooler" for what it is.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Next year's schedule is still under discussion, but most likely no, there will not be more non-conference games at this point. We should know more by end of the week, early next week.
                      So you are implying that 2 more teams could join conference
                      Steve Day(NU71)
                      Go Cadets

Comment

I dont think they have had an improvment since I played back there a loooooooooooooooong time ago,maybe ask Pierre for some help/

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          I dont think they have had an improvment since I played back there a loooooooooooooooong time ago,maybe ask Pierre for some help/
                          It is enclosed now, that was a start. I've been to several minor hockey rinks that blow the Cooler out of the water as far as facilities, boards, benches, ice surface, locker rooms ect ect. Then again this is Geneva which just spent a million dollars on a sculpture and get upset at the local law enforcement for charging thugs with felony riot charges. Meanwhile its been a week since the last shooting so that's a positive.

Don't get me wrong, the Cooler is "unique", but for the school, team(s), players, coaches....it's kind of a slap on the face the city hasn't done more. The YMCA rink they played at Saturday was leaps and bounds better.....a YMCA

Either way it's still going to be fun. Looks like its just under 7 hours from USM to Hobart. Not much different from Fredonia to Plattsburgh. Geneva to Skidmore (while not the 90 minute drive to Elmira or Nazareth) is a pretty straight shot.

Having said that, I still don't think we're done here....adding teams ect ect....
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            The walls have been enclosed since my playing days (I really liked playing in the bitter cold). Hobart has a very nice locker room and team spaces at their end of the rink. Visiting locker rooms can't be much worse then what we used to get to use at the Utica Aud.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                              So you are implying that 2 more teams could join conference
                              He implied that at least one more could be as it would keep the league at 9 teams which would keep the number of league games the same. If it was 8 there would have to be two more non conference games. I wonder if the league likes this kind of information being posted by an official party?

Comment

Working...
                              X