• #11 UNH @ #6 Maine
    #10 Merrimack @ #7 Lowell
    #9 Vermont @ #8 UMass

#1 BC
    #2 Northeastern
    #3 Providence
    #4 BU
    #5 UConn
    Last edited by ticapnews; 02-24-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Re: Hockey East - Bye, Home, and Road: by the numbers - 2016-17 edition

As things stand today

MA 36 (18) 38 1 at UC

PC 29 (13) 31 2-4 BC
      NE 29 (14) 31 2-5 UNH
      ML 28 (12) 30 2-5 at UVM
      BU 27 (12) 29 3-5 at ME

ME 24 (10) 26 6-7 BU
      BC 23 (10) 25 6-8 at PC
      NH 22 (8) 24 7-8 at NE

Thursday night
      BC at PC (NBC Sports Boston) Providence wins all tiebreakers at 31, 30 or 29 points. The Friars clinch #2 with a win. They fall to #3 by losing or tying while Northeastern wins. They fall to #4 with a loss, a NE win or tie while Lowell also defeats UVM. Boston College can jump to #6 with a win and a Maine loss. The Eagles lose the tb to both Maine and UNH so must finish ahead of them on points.

Will update again after the Thursday evening game to preview Friday's meaningful games.

Comment

MA 36 (18) 38 1 at UC

PC 31 (14) 31 2

NE 29 (14) 31 3-5 UNH
        ML 28 (12) 30 3-5 at UVM
        BU 27 (12) 29 3-5 at ME

ME 24 (10) 26 6 BU

BC 23 (10) 25 7-8
        NH 22 (8) 24 7-8 at NE

UMass has finished #1.
        PC has finished #2.

NE is #3 with a win or tie. #4 with a loss AND a ML win AND a BU loss or tie. #5 with a loss AND BU win AND ML win.
        ML is #3 with a win AND NE loss. #4 with a win AND NE win or tie; OR tie and BU loss or tie. #5 with a loss AND BU win or tie.
        BU is #3 with a win AND NE loss AND ML loss or tie. #4 with a win AND ML loss AND NE win or tie.

Maine is #6. The Black Bears win a possible tie with UNH.

BC is #7 with a UNH loss. #8 with a UNH win or tie.
        UNH is #7 with a win or tie. #8 a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          ML is #3 with a win AND NE loss. #4 with a win AND NE win or tie; OR tie and BU loss or tie. #5 with a loss AND BU win or tie.
          BU is #3 with a win AND NE loss AND ML loss or tie. #4 with a win AND ML loss AND NE win or tie.
          A Lowell loss and a BU tie means Lowell is still #4. They'd be tied with 28 points and tied with 12 league wins. 3rd tie-breaker is record vs 1st place team. Lowell swept UMass, BU didn't.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Psst.... northeastern is “NU” not NE”

Comment

Unh @ uma
              bc @ pc
              me @ ne
              bu @ ml

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Unh @ uma
                bc @ pc
                me @ ne
                bu @ ml
                A BU win tomorrow night gives them the 4 based on second tiebreaker (league wins - 13) since they were even head to head. A tie or loss vs Maine and UML gets the 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Unh @ uma
                  bc @ pc
                  me @ ne
                  bu @ ml
                  Let us not start lickin each other’s lollipops just yet, mkay priceless
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Let us not start lickin each other’s lollipops just yet, mkay priceless
                    I would agree; however, after last night's results the game means NOTHING to Maine. I'm thinking they might "rest" Swayman. Regardless, if they can't get up for a game that means home ice for 2 or possibly three games, they don't deserve it. (and this is what some of the Lowell fans were saying last night after they couldn't beat Vermont)

Comment

this will be umo's super bowl!!

remember the pudding!!!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        this will be umo's super bowl!!

remember the pudding!!!
                        That's right... no pudding, and no thought control....

https://youtu.be/pJHvmOy8W5w

Comment

So the fact 4th spot still up for grabs and would seem to give BU a fairly good shot at 4th would be a result of Sneddon pulling the goalie in overtime essentially in a last ditch effort to slip in with 4 must wins to go.
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Not only that, UVM also played Lowell to a tie last night in order to keep the door open for BU. Sneddon getting his revenge on Lowell for Star Wars Night.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              A Lowell loss and a BU tie means Lowell is still #4. They'd be tied with 28 points and tied with 12 league wins. 3rd tie-breaker is record vs 1st place team. Lowell swept UMass, BU didn't.
                              Or you can just get run out of the building in the first period and head straight to Lowell next weekend
                              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Working...
                              X