Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

In what universe have you seen 3"? I haven't seen a forecast that says anything but rain.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      In what universe have you seen 3"? I haven't seen a forecast that says anything but rain.
      Having gone to school with kids from the Buffalo area, let me tell you, it's easy. Sunshine in one part, 2 feet in another.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Having gone to school with kids from the Buffalo area, let me tell you, it's easy. Sunshine in one part, 2 feet in another.
        Yah, if you live next to a Great Lake. Sure.

People around here call them weather terrorists, but the only people getting chubbies are the people who are told there's a one in a billion chance of a foot of snow and most likely around an inch. What they hear is 100% of two feet of snow.

The meteorologists and reporters shrug, almost everyone else says, "well, would ya look at dat" and quickly moves on, and the real weather terrorists are just annoying people who ***** about meteorologists for the next week.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          The Star Trib. And they are not saying for sure. They are saying it's a super remote possibility we don't want to over-estimate and get roasted by our readers.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            The Star Trib. And they are not saying for sure. They are saying it's a super remote possibility we don't want to over-estimate and get roasted by our readers.
            Because their readers are incompetent morons who bay at the moon every time their roof doesn't collapse from snow.
            Code:

Comment

Yah, if you live next to a Great Lake. Sure.

People around here call them weather terrorists, but the only people getting chubbies are the people who are told there's a one in a billion chance of a foot of snow and most likely around an inch. What they hear is 100% of two feet of snow.

The meteorologists and reporters shrug, almost everyone else says, "well, would ya look at dat" and quickly moves on, and the real weather terrorists are just annoying people who ***** about meteorologists for the next week.
              But you have 1,000 lakes! That has to count for something!
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                But you have 1,000 lakes! That has to count for something!
                10,000 ya jerk . But it's really closer to 12,000 iirc.
                Code:

Comment

Because their readers are incompetent morons who bay at the moon every time their roof doesn't collapse from snow.
                  But the fact is, I saw it reported from a reputable (not my opinion) newspaper.

They've been saying it for the past day or two.

I agree, it's gonna be slush at worst.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Oops, my bad. And you can't blame spell check on numbers.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That sounds about right. It's a matter on how you measure a "lake."

Comment

That sounds about right. It's a matter on how you measure a "lake."
                        Yeah, my parents live on a "lake" in northern lower Michigan that feels more like a "lake" in northern Ontario - long and narrow-ish. Deep enough in spots (30-40 feet), and very fishable with a motor, but more like a wide part of a river - not really a lake.

Comment

It's not going to be anything. It's going to be rain. Jeebus.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Yeah, my parents live on a "lake" in northern lower Michigan that feels more like a "lake" in northern Ontario - long and narrow-ish. Deep enough in spots (30-40 feet), and very fishable with a motor, but more like a wide part of a river - not really a lake.
                            I think it has to do with area size.

And yes, it'll be most likely rain. Won't get cold enough in the Cities. Up north, may be a little different. Haven't looked at forecast up there.

Comment

I think it has to do with area size.

And yes, it'll be most likely rain. Won't get cold enough in the Cities. Up north, may be a little different. Haven't looked at forecast up there.
                              What it really has to do with, as far as my parent's "lake" is concerned, is how the ice sheet retreated 10,000+ years ago. IMO, you can look at that part of Michigan, and sort of see, based on the size, shape, and average depth of the surrounding lakes (Huron aside), that it was one of the last to be covered by the ice sheet that carved out NE Michigan / northern Lake Huron.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                What it really has to do with, as far as my parent's "lake" is concerned, is how the ice sheet retreated 10,000+ years ago. IMO, you can look at that part of Michigan, and sort of see, based on the size, shape, and average depth of the surrounding lakes (Huron aside), that it was one of the last to be covered by the ice sheet that carved out NE Michigan / northern Lake Huron.
                                I was meaning on how someone determines if it's a lake, a pond, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X