X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Are you a time traveler
    Weather wise, the entire state is this week. We're some 20-25F below seasonal averages right now.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's farking cold. My MDX doesn't even turn down the seat warmers until I'm almost to work. I've never seen that behavior in that car. Granted, it's only been since February since I took delivery
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        It's farking cold. My MDX doesn't even turn down the seat warmers until I'm almost to work. I've never seen that behavior in that car. Granted, it's only been since February since I took delivery
        Do you have a block heater?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Don't need it. Most modern cars don't.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Looking at -20 wind chills Fri am and then near 50 on Sun.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

We're officially under a winter storm watch through 7:00 PM Saturday, and then -3 for a high on Sunday.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                We're officially under a winter storm watch through 7:00 PM Saturday, and then -3 for a high on Sunday.
                Thank God. My roommate's dad snowblew (is that a word? It is now) the driveway before I got back into town. The one household chore that brings joy into my life. They STOLE it.

I haven't gotten to use it in nearly two years.
                Code:

Comment

I need to get my snow blower fixed. I gassed it up in late November last year and didn't even have to give it thought until March when I was going to run the tank dry for summer storage. Now I have to take it in to have the carburetor cleaned. I kept forgetting about that chore during the summer. Idiot!

Comment

I need to get my snow blower fixed. I gassed it up in late November last year and didn't even have to give it thought until March when I was going to run the tank dry for summer storage. Now I have to take it in to have the carburetor cleaned. I kept forgetting about that chore during the summer. Idiot!
                    I started using non-oxy with a stabilizer in it.

How old is your blower?
                    Code:

Comment

I started using non-oxy with a stabilizer in it.

How old is your blower?
                      It's a 2012 model that I bought new in 2014. Husqvarna single stage.

Comment

Whoa, that's too soon to need a rebuild...
                        Code:

Comment

Whoa, that's too soon to need a rebuild...
                          Do you think I should just try to put in some new gas, a couple shots of carburetor cleaner and see what happens?

Honestly, I'm not much of a small engine guy, but I thought that if you allow your gas to go bad that it will gum up the carburetor and thus needing the attention/re-build.

Comment

Do you think I should just try to put in some new gas, a couple shots of carburetor cleaner and see what happens?

Honestly, I'm not much of a small engine guy, but I thought that if you allow your gas to go bad that it will gum up the carburetor and thus needing the attention/re-build.
                            I suppose it could. If it were mine, I would try to drain the gas, dump in new, and see if it starts. I would probably run it with Seafoam in the gas. Honestly, gas these days is so high quality that you really don't see the terrible problems that used to plague small engines.
                            Code:

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The western vortex looks a bit like Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X