Clear All

Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Lol
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      You're thinking of a watch. A Winter Storm Warning means it's occurring or imminent...
      Yeah, easiest example is a tornado. If it's just a watch, you're fine. When it gets upgraded to a warning, that means there's an active cell in your area, and you need to shelter.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Yeah, easiest example is a tornado. If it's just a watch, you're fine. When it gets upgraded to a warning, that means there's an active cell in your area, and you need to shelter.
        I thought a tornado warning meant run outside and take pictures for YouTube?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Oh yeah, it means that too. Just make sure you're next to shelter
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Oh yeah, it means that too. Just make sure you're next to shelter
            The key really are the sirens. Those let you know to get ready with that camera.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Aren't they the two-minute warning for cameras?
              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Aren't they the two-minute warning for cameras?
                That's an excellent way of putting it.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's true.

*Sirens sound*

"Let's go outside! Let me get my phone! Shoot, I can't see anything. Better get on the roof."
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

You folks and your "warnings". We don't get earthquake warnings 'round here.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Of course, we're all forgetting about the ultimate warning - if Jim Cantore is in your town, you shouldn't be.

Comment

A bit windy here in 20904 land. Trash cans are blowing over and, when emptied, blow all over the place.

At least the leaves are off my property and are Lord knows where.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

It was 67 Saturday afternoon here in the Finger Lakes. I was doing yard work in jeans and a T-shirt.

Now, there's 2' and more on the ground and more on the way.

Talk about a nice and easy transition to winter!
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            It was 67 Saturday afternoon here in the Finger Lakes. I was doing yard work in jeans and a T-shirt.

Now, there's 2' and more on the ground and more on the way.

Talk about a nice and easy transition to winter!
                            I take it golf us out of the question?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

When starting my car to warm it up this fine late-January day, my car's thermometer read 22F. By the time I started travelling on the actual roads it read -4F. The wind chill must have dropped it all another 15 degrees or so because my cheeks were burning in the short walk from my car to the stairwell for the ramp at the park and ride. Yesterday read 8F on my phone when I was running around town, having the day off from work, and I felt downright comfortable with only a thick sweatshirt and leaving my coat in the car. Oh how I hate the winter wind.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                When starting my car to warm it up this fine late-January day, my car's thermometer read 22F. By the time I started travelling on the actual roads it read -4F. The wind chill must have dropped it all another 15 degrees or so because my cheeks were burning in the short walk from my car to the stairwell for the ramp at the park and ride. Yesterday read 8F on my phone when I was running around town, having the day off from work, and I felt downright comfortable with only a thick sweatshirt and leaving my coat in the car. Oh how I hate the winter wind.
                                Are you a time traveler
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X