This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

In the last hour, the temp has dropped 8 degrees and the heat index 20 as drier western air comes in. Looks to be a beautiful week ahead.

edit: Listening to Cubs game on 670. On game time temp was mid 90s, with heat index around 107. Around the top half of the 7th, the fans started cheering til it grew to a standing ovation. The color guy, Ron Coomer, couldn't figure it out til the cool breeze came into the booth. Said he'd been going to Cub games since he was a kid and had never seen the crowd give the weather an ovation.
    Last edited by burd; 07-20-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Ohh, it's so HOOOOTT!!!

Comment

I spent the last week up in Grand Marais, MN, with the in-laws, and there was a daytrip up to Kakabeka Falls, just outside of Thunder Bay, Ontario . Capped out at around 78 degrees, relatively low humidity. Returned to the Twin Cities late on Saturday. As a Minnesotan, I'm required by law to say, "I hear we missed some weather."
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

We win! Minnesota with the most extreme temp swings. Cool graphic

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...of-the-country

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I know I've brought this up before, but I think we're only 2nd to Siberia in the world for temp swings.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think that's wonderful. Everybody and every place needs to be good at something.

Comment

Yes, only Wisconsin can be tops in paint thinner consumed and bestiality.

Comment

Yes, only Wisconsin can be tops in paint thinner consumed and bestiality.
                  And obsession with MN speeders. Note: I was followed from Rhinelander to MI border last Wed. Not even kidding. That was one BORED cop (I have a spotless record, and was on the nuts limit for speed the whole way). Glad I wasted his afternoon.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Think about that 170-degree swing for a moment.

That’s the difference between ice and boiling water.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I fully believe that is why studies have shown the midwest to be the "healthiest" in the nation, despite our stereotypical diets. We deal with EVERYTHING when it comes to weather, and our immune systems have to adjust for EVERYTHING.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Thats 10 degrees from a complete turnaround

Comment

Lol
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That was less than fun. I can’t imagine having hurricane-force winds for anything more than a few minutes. We had a few 60-70 mph gusts here. Worried enough about the trees that we moved to the eastern side of the house.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              That was less than fun. I can’t imagine having hurricane-force winds for anything more than a few minutes. We had a few 60-70 mph gusts here. Worried enough about the trees that we moved to the eastern side of the house.
                              What's really odd, is I paid $2 (curiosity) at the State Fair for the "Hurricane Simulator." Winds up to 80mph. Meh. Total meh. The acceleration was impressive, but that's about it. 5 minutes of hanging my head out of the window of a car, basically. So, I guess, depends on the hurricane. Now, if it hit 100? Hooboy. Now we're talking some sh*.

Comment

No heat island my a--ss.

From Jess Myers.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X