Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I lived in Orlando for a while; I'd set my clocks by the 3:15 pm rain.
    You set your nap by the 3:15 rain.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      You set your nap by the 3:15 rain.
      I wish it had been nap time; that was when classes ended and mandatory homework and study time began at US Navy Nuclear Power School. We called it "the daily downpour".
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        I wish it had been nap time; that was when classes ended and mandatory homework and study time began at US Navy Nuclear Power School. We called it "the daily downpour".
        OK, if it's nuclear power school, I hope you stayed awake during your homework and class both.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          My Godson took that course, but it's now in Charleston, SC.

He's now in a 688 boat somewhere.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

4 inches of lake effect snow yesterday (my mom,. who is 10-15 miles further west, got a dusting). Supposed to be 50-60 the rest of the week. Do I clear it? Do I leave it? Debating.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              4 inches of lake effect snow yesterday (my mom,. who is 10-15 miles further west, got a dusting). Supposed to be 50-60 the rest of the week. Do I clear it? Do I leave it? Debating.
              Definitely leave it. We got 4 inches last week, the temp hasn't been above 45 here in a week, but with the sun shining the snow was basically gone in two days, except where people or plows piled it up.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Definitely leave it. We got 4 inches last week, the temp hasn't been above 45 here in a week, but with the sun shining the snow was basically gone in two days, except where people or plows piled it up.
                Pretty much this. I got about 6 inches on Thu, and by Sat most of it was gone already. The ground is thawed, plus above freezing temps, plus sun....
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Looks confusing?

@USTornadoes: Programming note: Today's tornado threat forecast will be done on Tuesday instead. Preparing for #chasecation2019! #soon
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Oklahoma!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...=.7e8b7371edb1
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Proctor!

@tonydeleon50: Final from Proctor, Rails 1(Snowball) Panthers 0. Called after 5 innings. @SamAliSports @Louiesg3 @Dan_Williamson @DavidCoySports @ChelsieTBrown https://***********/tonydeleon50/sta...042752/photo/1
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If you're in West Central Texas / Central Oklahoma, watch the sky and listen to weather alerts today & tomorrow!!

https://wapo.st/2HDgpq2
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Had to turn on the ac tonight. It’s too muggy to open windows. It’s not going to get below 57 dew point until Saturday.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Had to turn on the ac tonight. It’s too muggy to open windows. It’s not going to get below 57 dew point until Saturday.
                            I'm fighting the urge. Heat? Fine. DP? Nope. Hate that sh*. The southern metro got rocked today. Red Wing was ripe for severe stuff. Haven't checked reports yet, but it was basically CYA, sh*'s comin'. I just got some rain, and a lightning strike here and there, nothing major.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I just turned mine on for the first time. I had someone add insulation and seal byways last month and they said it should really help hold cold air in- looking forward to seeing how much. Last few days was over 80 outside but didn’t get above 71 inside. Until tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                I just turned mine on for the first time. I had someone add insulation and seal byways last month and they said it should really help hold cold air in- looking forward to seeing how much. Last few days was over 80 outside but didn’t get above 71 inside. Until tonight.
                                84 in my apt right now. Almost perfect. I prefer 82 or so. Yes, I'm weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X