Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

this dew point needto die. last isaw at 7pm or so was 74degrees and 67dp. no good
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Heard that in FL all the way up until at least the mid-to-late 2000s.

Comment

I clicked over to that channel today only to find what can only be described as a terrible mix of classical, tribal, jazz, and some other garbage muzak. They had friggin forecasts for SE Asia. Local weather my ***.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So I went to weatherunderground.com today to look up weather at Amsterdam-Schiphol. Clicking on Amsterdam Schiphol Airport brought up the weather for Amsterdam, Columbia. (I had never heard of it either.)

https://www.wunderground.com/weather...port-schiphol/

Also, Oakdale, MN comes up as Oakdale, CA. :eyeroll:

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/mn/oakdale

I tried Goddam Oakdale but it didn't work either.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

@SamSagnella: Tragic scene unfolding in #Luzerne County, PA; specifically the #WilkesBarre area after a strong #tornado went through about a half hour ago. Multiple building collapses, with numerous entrapments, vehicles overturned; the whole nine. At least four injuries so far - S&R underway.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

85 degrees out. Not bad.

Oh, forgot to mention the dew point is at 74.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                85 degrees out. Not bad.

Currently reading 78 for the dew point in Woodbury. I didn't know it could even get that high here.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                  Currently reading 78 for the dew point in Woodbury. I didn't know it could even get that high here.
                  The all time record is 82:
                  https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/climate/...pdewpoint.html

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    85 degrees out. Not bad.

It feels as hot as the Devil's anus.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      It feels as hot as the Devil's anus.
                      I would rather not know how you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        I don't care until we hear a report from god**** Oakdale!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            It was ****ing hot
                            Code:

Comment

Seven inches of rain came down upon the Copper Country over night causing flash flooding, washouts, and chaos.
                              http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/Flooding-in-Houghton-County-485767571.html

A lot of work is needed just to make these areas passable again, not to mention the cost needed to bring the roads and infrastructure back to what it should be. The other concern with these washouts and caving grounds is how much the underground resembles swiss cheese due to the mining and what new weak spots have been created.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Seven inches of rain came down upon the Copper Country over night causing flash flooding, washouts, and chaos.
                                http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/Flooding-in-Houghton-County-485767571.html

A lot of work is needed just to make these areas passable again, not to mention the cost needed to bring the roads and infrastructure back to what it should be. The other concern with these washouts and caving grounds is how much the underground resembles swiss cheese due to the mining and what new weak spots have been created.
                                Just reading up on this. This is completely messed up...

Curious if this will affect any of the Gopher Hockey Road Trip Crew's trip up there next month.....

Comment

Working...
                                X