Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Asked whether they intended to repair the dam, Republicans said absolutely not but offered their thoughts and prayers.
    If God wanted us to fix it, he wouldn't have let it break in the first place.

Comment

doesn’t god fix dams? I thought he hated dykes not dams

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        doesn’t god fix dams? I thought he hated dykes not dams
        God loves dykes and dams both; he does not abide by indiscriminate spillage of fluids.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Haven't heard anything about any road closures there. It looked like Dodge St. coming down the hill washed out some, and washed debris onto Sheldon, but I think Montezuma and Sheldon are intact themselves. Some of the businesses had some serious flooding in that area though. The KBC had a few inches on the floor of their taprooms, and then there's a basement under that. The buildings/businesses under the parking deck, like Center Ice Skate and Sport are probably destroyed. I saw a video from yesterday morning of water flowing out the broken glass door of one of those businesses, about 3 foot high water at that point.
          I think I saw that Sheldon is just a dirt road now. Intact, but a PITA, overall.

This sounds odd, but when we are up there next month, it would be very interesting to see the end results of this weekend (structures, mining stuff) like what you guys were talking about earlier.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dg3ubHbWkAARd_p.jpg:large
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

This sort of posting does not help my case about moving TO Minnesota
              Hubs looks at the weather stuff and tells me "no way"

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                This sort of posting does not help my case about moving TO Minnesota
                Hubs looks at the weather stuff and tells me "no way"
                It's only a couple days a year, but yes, the temp/heat index/wind chill is completely nuts. On a scale of 1-Charlie Sheen, it's Mariah Carey.

Edit: being a nurse, you'll understand this: this is one of the reasons we're very healthy. We have to deal with ALL the weather. All of it. Our bodies adjust.

Comment

The weather here is great 9 months of the year. June, July, and August are rough, but the rest of the year it is very nice.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The weather here is great 9 months of the year. June, July, and August are rough, but the rest of the year it is very nice.
                    And here's where I step in and say 8 months. 'Member that year where we had 30 consecutive days below freezing, and that included a real temp (not wind chill) swing of 50 degrees? Yeah, that sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      And here's where I step in and say 8 months. 'Member that year where we had 30 consecutive days below freezing, and that included a real temp (not wind chill) swing of 50 degrees? Yeah, that sucked.
                      Nah, it wasn't that bad. Just put on some long underwear.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I had my Air Force issued parka from 'Nam days (my dad's). I was warm, but the weather still sucked.

Comment

10 inches of rain here on our Des Moines suburb last night. Thankfully our power didn't go out so our sump pump kept the basement dry. Half of our neighborhood has flooded basements cause the power went out too.

Note to self, get generator for sump pump.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I had my Air Force issued parka from 'Nam days (my dad's). I was warm, but the weather still sucked.
                            Those AR parkas were a real thing back in the late 60s early 70s. Great parkas.

Comment

Why?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working 7 baseball games and a 7-on-7 football tournament were not fun this weekend I downed somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-1.5 gallons of water/day...

On the plus side, a Yeti Gallon jug was worth every penny spent... Cold water was a valuable commodity to have....
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X