This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Latest updates depending upon the site we're either going to be on the far southern edge of the widest reach of the storm - meaning decent amount of wind and rain but nothing spectacular - or within the first ring outside the eye meaning winds 100-140 KPH and a s**t of rain. T's and P's folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Latest updates depending upon the site we're either going to be on the far southern edge of the widest reach of the storm - meaning decent amount of wind and rain but nothing spectacular - or within the first ring outside the eye meaning winds 100-140 KPH and a s**t of rain. T's and P's folks.
      CNN has a off shore cam on its site. Looks pretty bad...
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Blame the wind farm for the weather or the climate?

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...its-down-side/
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

@usatodayweather: Everything's bigger in Texas, including the temperature contrasts: Current heat index in Brownsville is 108 degrees, current wind chill in Amarillo is 28 degrees.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

El Nino viene.

https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/w...for-much-of-us
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Super typhoon Yutu looks to be massive. Will hit Guam. Apparently strongest winds to ever hit American soil

Comment

Rained here last night. Country closed. Not complaining
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

65 breaks a record in Boston that has stood since 1957. Dewpoint of 61 also broke a record for Dec. 3rd wettest year evah.

Comment

Hey, we had some weather. And people are, of course, complaining on the city Facebook page that their streets aren't plowed.

I want to ask.. you know they can't plow all the streets at the same time, right? Some are going to be first, and some are going to be later.

Instead I posted and thanked the snowplow driver that got out of his plow to tell me he was passing three more times, so I didn't do the bottom of my driveway. And then he did such a good job on the corner, I barely had to clear the sidewalk there. I can't believe he made it look that nice with a huge plow. It was impeccable.

Comment

2.3" of snow is all Boston has recorded so far.

Comment

We're (Twin Cities) supposed to receive some snow starting between 8 and 9PM tonight. It's not a lot, in total - something under 8 inches, but it could be mixed with some freezing drizzle. So watch out for the speed skaters on the highway tonight and tomorrow morning.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It’s supposed to snow all day tomorrow which is great considering I have a flight at 3pm to Amsterdam

Comment

Have a (typically) 4 hour drive to Eagle River today. Nice day for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                              Have a (typically) 4 hour drive to Eagle River today. Nice day for it.
                              A couple friends set out for Houghton from Mpls this morning. That had to be a fun drive.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I have now reached the part of winter where I say eff this sh**. I'm done. So done. If I have to clear my driveway one more effing time, I'm going to hurt someone.
                                Last edited by jen; 02-18-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X