Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    It is supposedly -13 in North MPLS right now. Same deal. It feels cold, no doubt. But I was expecting worse.
    I've obviously experienced these temps before, even played boot hockey in -20 weather. Maybe I'm just getting old and know what to expect, I dunno. Just went out for a smoke now, and kinda shrugged and thought, "Yep, it's cold. It sucks."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I've obviously experienced these temps before, even played boot hockey in -20 weather. Maybe I'm just getting old and know what to expect, I dunno. Just went out for a smoke now, and kinda shrugged and thought, "Yep, it's cold. It sucks."
      Oh yeah. Growing up this weather was not uncommon. Played many a hockey game and was on the slopes at dawn in this kind of weather. Spent much of my childhood winters with no feeling in my feet.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Just saw on the Tweeter: Antarctica is currently warmer than Mpls.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Well, it IS late spring down there.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And U of A has a better hockey team too.

And they only recruit Antarcticans.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              And U of A has a better hockey team too.

And they only recruit Antarcticans.
              They are winless in their history. Your information is incorrect.

Comment

They are winless in their history. Your information is incorrect.
                During the Frozen Era, yes, but as a Sotan you will appreciate the fact that they claim three championships during the Prefrozen Era.

Comment

The good people at Thrillist made a list (imagine that!) of the worst winters by state. We're #1! We're #1! We're #1!
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Been looking for this forever. Enjoy Jean at his best.

If you develop a taste of it, this may be his masterpiece.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 01-04-2017, 04:21 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      The good people at Thrillist made a list (imagine that!) of the worst winters by state. We're #1! We're #1! We're #1!
                      They ranked OR as worse than NY. I have no words for how stupid and wrong that is.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Been looking for this forever. Enjoy Jean at his best.

If you develop a taste of it, this may be his masterpiece.
                        "You can smell the polar bears!"

Comment

Overnight low today was -15F. Predicted high for Saturday, January 21 is 42, currently. And the models are predicting rain that day. That's a slight change in things.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's that season in Minnesota.

Yup, it's truck drownin' season.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...ompletely-safe
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Day-long snow here, much of which melted as it hit, leaving maybe 4 inches of white lead on the ground. Seemed too little for the snow blower, so I shoveled. Dam near killed myself.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Day-long snow here, much of which melted as it hit, leaving maybe 4 inches of white lead on the ground. Seemed too little for the snow blower, so I shoveled. Dam near killed myself.
                                Dude, if it's too much for the Dakota SnoBlade it's snow blower time!
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X