Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

It's going to be a very long season. So I'm trying to come up with some fall/winter project ideas that will take until our icers notch their 5th win.

Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Don't you have a Club team? Aren't they decent for Club status? Well, scrap that idea. I just looked and they are also a sub-.500 team (both d2 and d3 squads) but they're not as bad as your big team. That also begs the question, how did you get d2 & d3 squads? That's serious question.

http://msuclubhockey.pointstreaksite...iew/msuspartan

http://msud3hockey.org/
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I remember when I used to look forward to the start of the season.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        It's going to be a very long season. So I'm trying to come up with some fall/winter project ideas that will take until our icers notch their 5th win.
        Based on going through the MSU schedule, you may be working on spring cleaning before that happens. I'm setting the over/under for overall Spartan wins at 8.5, and I recommend the under.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          Don't you have a Club team? Aren't they decent for Club status? Well, scrap that idea. I just looked and they are also a sub-.500 team (both d2 and d3 squads) but they're not as bad as your big team. That also begs the question, how did you get d2 & d3 squads? That's serious question.
          Really not a bad question, all things considered. I believe it's by mutual agreement with their ACHA peers ... but don't quote me on that. Anybody want to field this one? It may be as compelling a thread as anything ice-related at the varsity level .

Add: The intermission programming promises fun for the whole family. Plus this season, it could be cool to be able to carry on a conversation with the guy in the opposite stands without means of a mobile device.
          Last edited by owslachief; 09-26-2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

From the department of "Where did this guy come from?", I'd like to make a few introductions. I'll start it off with some of our top-liners:

Justin Selep
            Class: Senior
            Hometown: Upper St. Clair, Pa.
            Last College: Suffolk University
            Height / Weight: 6-1 / 206
            Position: F
            Birthdate: 09/14/1992
            Last Team: Suffolk University (NCAA DIII)

Prior to MSU: Comes to MSU with one season of eligibility after playing at NCAA Division III schools Suffolk (Mass.) University (2014-16) and Nazareth (N.Y.) College (2012-14) ... Named team MVP and second-team all-conference at Suffolk after leading the Rams in scoring with 28 points (17g, 11a) in 25 games as a senior ... Named the 2015-16 Suffolk University student-athlete of the year and voted to the ECAC Northeast All-Academic Team ... Ranked second on the team with 22 points (11g, 11a) as a junior ... Appeared in 20 games in his first season at Nazareth was limited to just four games the following season in 2013-14 ... Played the 2011-12 season for the Northwood School (N.Y.) junior team ... Played high school hockey for Upper St. Clair.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Based on going through the MSU schedule, you may be working on spring cleaning before that happens. I'm setting the over/under for overall Spartan wins at 8.5, and I recommend the under.
              I think this team could lose 30 games easilly.
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Somehow you guys got three votes in the USCHO poll... how that happens I don't know.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  Really not a bad question, all things considered. I believe it's by mutual agreement with their ACHA peers ... but don't quote me on that. Anybody want to field this one? It may be as compelling a thread as anything ice-related at the varsity level .

Add: The intermission programming promises fun for the whole family. Plus this season, it could be cool to be able to carry on a conversation with the guy in the opposite stands without means of a mobile device.
                  I knew guys that played on the D2 and D3 teams. D2 guys were obviously better, but both levels appeared to have the same level of time commitment. As far as I know, there isn't a special waiver or anything you need from the ACHA to have more than one club team, you just need the bodies to have a second team. Looks like Michigan just added a second club team too, so they now compete at the D2 and D3 levels.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

So, the coaches think we're finishing last in the conference this year...
                    66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Stop the presses!

They must have been looking at minutiae like lack of scoring, 11 freshmen, new goalie, things like that.
                      Last edited by owslachief; 09-27-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I forgot about hockey until yesterday. That snuck up really quickly.

I see that morale is up and we're ready for a big year!

I will be excited to see the team play, actually. I mean, I predict I will be excited until I watch us have to grind it out against our Canadian cupcake like most other recent years but that's 5 entire days from now.

Comment

Looks like BGSU will be playing you guys next year in a home and home. Good to see MSU finally agreeing to this as opposed to a 2 for 1. Now if only UM and ND would see the light.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                            Looks like BGSU will be playing you guys next year in a home and home. Good to see MSU finally agreeing to this as opposed to a 2 for 1. Now if only UM and ND would see the light.
                            Somehow you think either ND or U-M values that match-up. Seeing the light suggests that your program suddenly raises the PWR values for these teams to schedule over and above other programs that don't complain about the agreements.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                              About time. I have no clue why we're not scheduling annual home-and-homes with BGSU and WMU.
                              66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Working...
                              X