Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Not trolling at all - just discussing recruiting strategies. Nothing more. 29 players is too many IMO. Still isnt close to 36 is it? I am impressed with how aggressive Wisconsin is in its recruiting - I am just interested in how it will all play out and how in the world all these kids will have roster spots. Lets not forget that 36 doesnt include any more recruits for the next 3 years! That being said the recruits/advisors are diving head in when agreeing to go to Wisconsin....on the other end of the spectrum is UNH who dont have many recruits at all but that allows flexibility to add players later I guess like Gildon, etc. Just two different ways to skin a cat.
    Last edited by Lemonade; 11-22-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

What is the story on Rizzo? Have we offered him a scholarship yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
        What is the story on Rizzo? Have we offered him a scholarship yet?
        Major junior vs. college is what he has to choose between.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
          LOL...try harder UNH troll boy. You do realize UNH has a roster of 29 players this season? You want to try soooo hard to make every point that fits with your narrative (ie...potential other recruits in the next 3 years and yes Max Rizzo can come to Madison for a year or two if he wants to) while completely ignoring ANY explanation of roster and recruit attrition. Here's the difference (one of them) between UNH and UW (with grown ups running the program now)....Dicky U has upgraded the roster to a whopping 5 kids that have been drafted...UW has 9 and I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen next season depending on what guys leave early and how incoming kids do in their draft year season. When you bring in higher end talent, it leaves early and needs to be replaced...preferably with more high end talent rather then hoping and praying you can find some miracle late bloomer when (not if) kids leave before their eligibility is exhausted.
          Mic dropped.
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-22-2017, 04:55 PM.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Mic dropped.
            Can people as old as us actually drop a mic or can we only state when a mic has been dropped for reference sake? It's an interesting philosophical discussion to have.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Mic dropped.
              <—-picks up mic

Wisconsin picks up another commit today. What’s that total 37 now for the 2020 season?

Comment

'99 D - Luke LaMaster has committed to the Badgers.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  '99 D - Luke LaMaster has committed to the Badgers.
                  The most Star Wars name of all time. These ARE the commits we're looking for.

Comment

I have thought all along that they would add another D for 19 as it seems pretty certain that D we have and ones coming aren't going to be here that long. Plus Brady Smith is an Eaves recruit that may or may not pan out. I'm sort of thinking 'not' at the moment.

Duluth East should be a great team this year with a stellar top line. LaMaster is a big, strong kid that's good on both ends of the ice. He'll drive the Greyhound's bus from the back end a lot this year.

My kind of player, I like him.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                      The most Star Wars name of all time. These ARE the commits we're looking for.
                      Good on both ends of the ice he will be!
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Does anybody know if UMD went after "Jedi LaMaster" Luke? We all know it's tough losing local kids.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Does anybody know if UMD went after "Jedi LaMaster" Luke? We all know it's tough losing local kids.
                          I don't know for sure, but they just brought in 5 Fr D this year. They have 2 Soph's and a couple commits in Juniors so it may have been a tight fit timing wise.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

In NAHL news it appears Daniel Lebedeff has settled into the starting role in Janesville. After giving up 5 in a 6-5 overtime win on Friday, he came back and pitched a 1 goal gem on Saturday securing a 2-1 win. He stopped 26 of 27, earning the second star of the game. He's 8-5 in 15 games, 2.79 GA, .913 SV%.

After having just 2 points in his first 12 outings, Aleksi Peltonen seems to have found his missing game, having chipped in 9 points in his last 10 games for the Corpus Christi Sting Rays.

Elsewhere, teammates Christian Krygier, (14GP 0-1-1 50PIM) Dominick Mersch, (13GP 5-4-9 45PIM) and Cole Krygier (14GP 0-5-5 44PIM) have definitely been playing with some edge for the 9-6 Lincoln Stars. They are 8th, 9th, and 11th respectively in total penalty minutes in the entire USHL.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Former Badger commit Joey Abate has committed to Omaha. Glad he found a home with a good program.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• This is an official shout out to concentrate on future goaltenders. Not Tier 2 Junior hockey tenders. This program should have Tier 1, 5 star, confident, arrogant big timers. If we need Bill Howard to help, call his *** and get him.

Comment

Working...
                                X