2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    That is a very well done piece on something that 99% of fans are clueless on. Very insightful on how officials are evaluated and coached throughout the season. About time the zebras hot some love
    Had a terrific conversation with Shep during the NMU series at Ferris. Great to talk with and very open about the process with officials. Nice piece here! Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by davyd83; 12-21-2016, 09:31 AM.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      New post today, our Editor In Chief got a chance to watch a game while sitting next to Greg Shepherd, the Supervisor of Officials for the WCHA. After the game, Alex got a chance to interview Shep and get a little more insight into how referees are evaluated:
      The Watcher of Watchmen: Greg Shepherd
      That's a fantastic piece.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Merry Christmas WCHA Fans! Yes, even Huntsville fans......
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Merry Christmas to all of the WCHA brethren. Except UAA, because they celebrate Festivus.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Merry Christmas, y'all! It was 78ºF in Huntsville today ... and I was even closer to the Gulf!

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              Merry Christmas, y'all! It was 78ºF in Huntsville today ... and I was even closer to the Gulf!

GFM
              Merry Christmas GFM. 79 here in Fort Myers! It'll be really interesting to see if I leave an open seat on that plane Friday.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Another Recruiting Grounds is up, this time covering the NAHL, America's "other" junior hockey league. We breakdown all the goaltenders that the league has produced over the years and how useful this league has been for many college hockey teams:
                Recruiting Grounds: NAHL
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I have Bemidji as a strong favorite this weekend (which shouldn't be a surprise).

I've taken a look at the tiebreakers for this year. I don't think that there will be any 3-way ties that are settled by the A tiebreaker — I'd rate 3 or 4 as possibilities, but I think that it's likely that the 3-2-1-0 scoring system makes ties less likely.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

surprise!
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• "You sure about that, Clark?"

--Cousin Eddie
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

1429 was crowd listed in box score for the 130pm Friday matinee

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                          1429 was crowd listed in box score for the 130pm Friday matinee
                          I'd be surprised if there were that many. Most people were at work. And with the Aces playing tonight, it was a terrible set up. Since the Aces are losing, I hope more will come out to the UAA game tomorrow. At least it's easier on families with kids to attend an afternoon game than an evening game.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            I'd be surprised if there were that many. Most people were at work. And with the Aces playing tonight, it was a terrible set up. Since the Aces are losing, I hope more will come out to the UAA game tomorrow. At least it's easier on families with kids to attend an afternoon game than an evening game.
                            Seems like it would have been a good opportunity to play these games at the Menard. You probably could have pulled more people and kept it at the normal start time.

Comment

The WCHA is doing better non conference, but still plenty of room for improvement. Two overtime losses hurt but congrats to BG and to Ferris on good games.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Should've promoted going to the UAA game, then heading downtown for the New Year's fireworks. Not to say the stuff before the fireworks was any good, I walked out of that attroucious folky band that opened up.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X