X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #187: Lazy End Days Of Summer

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    ABR was awesome again, even though I was DD this year. Went to Gastofs afterwards, for Oktoberfest, for the 2nd time this weekend. Fun times, even though I didn't drink anything at the OFest. (Driving...) Hung out with a bunch of great friends all day, which was really the best part, well, best part after the beer.
    What he said. Just crossing paths at points with some, following others at whim at other times....such a great occasion to catch up, and of course, beer. I didn't go to Gasthof's, obviously, but that also is always a good time.

The camaraderie, even with strangers, is always fun.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I was irritated that my cousin's wedding was the same day as the ABR. I was wrong. Had a blast. Great to see family I haven't seen in a while. Also got to know her groom a bit more. Super awesome guy.

A lot of my high school friends are bummed today. My "hot cousin" is off the market.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good Morning Lodge.

Jr and I plan to go fishing this morning, but not going real early as we were both pretty tired las night. Supposed to be a gorgeous day on the lake.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

mizzling here. Hoping or serious rain. We neeeeeed it!

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Hubby went up to Cloud, yes he is safe, and I stayed at home and did some massive reorganizing. Still nowhere near finished, but it is a start.
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Good morning Lodge - It's Emmys Day!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                1,074.4 miles to go
                986.4 miles to go.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Went to the new church today. Apparently, the guy (who I assume is a regular there) a couple seats down from me played for the Vikings and Bucs, and was on the 0-16 Lions roster (although he didn't play a game). Obviously buried on the depth chart for these teams, although he did start a couple games for the Vikings. Really cool guy. He is on the coaching staff for one of the local HS teams now.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ronyellwhi...505385/profile
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Went to the new church today. Apparently, the guy (who I assume is a regular there) a couple seats down from me played for the Vikings and Bucs, and was on the 0-16 Lions roster (although he didn't play a game). Obviously buried on the depth chart for these teams, although he did start a couple games for the Vikings. Really cool guy. He is on the coaching staff for one of the local HS teams now.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ronyellwhi...505385/profile
                    I have absolutely no memory of that man ever playing for the Vikings.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I don't remember him on the Lions, either. I mean, I know that he didn't play, but I don't even recall that name.
                      Last edited by Hammer; 09-18-2016, 05:34 PM.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        I realized it has been almost 10 yrs since I found out about rep A long time hanging in the Lodge.

Good Morning Lodge!

Spent the AM taking pic with the new toy. This camera has a learning curve.
                        holy cows i've knowns you folks a long time
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I have absolutely no memory of that man ever playing for the Vikings.
                          I told you he was buried on the depth chart.

Probably a sub for the 3rd string for a breather or injury or something.

Comment

Semi drunk posting here. Just got back from playing in our annual UPS-FedEx hockey game. UPS won 4-3 so our management was pretty nice to us, got us a $200 tab at the bar at the rink! Between the numerous pitchers and required locker room beers I'm in a good mood!
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

First guy to the HHT this season! w00t!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                First guy to the HHT this season! w00t!!
                                Wait. You're a guy?

HFT, though. Even though I'm a Bills fan, I'm a Vikes fan 2 weeks (and sometimes 3) a year. Very happy tonight. A nice top-off to a great, although sometimes bittersweet, weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X