X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #187: Lazy End Days Of Summer

Originally posted by gmann View Post
    Good evening from rainy cityslickerville.

Long time no post. Been busier than a one legged guy in a butt kicking contest over the last few weeks.

Little g had another appointment at Gillette yesterday. Got some not so good news. Nothing earth shattering but not good nonetheless. If you are so inclined please say an extra prayer for him.
    I somehow missed this. Lots of prayers!!

Happy Birthday Siouxfaninseattle and UncleRay! Maaaagaritas all around. Delivered by Thrifty!

Comment

Oh, and Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Well, I WAS planning on going to Church. Got in line in the virtual waiting room, had the opportunity to buy either a $25 or $45 ticket. Selected the $25 ticket option...then saw a $20.98 "convenience fee." OH F THAT NOISE. Total BS. So, I'm not going to Church. I'm a ball of rage right now. What a racket. Currently muttering all the cuss words right now, and making up some new ones.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I know I don't come in here much anymore but I need to vent and my family hasn't really gone public yet so if you know me personally please keep this to yourself and others you know here. **** Cancer! I was woken up at 3:30 this morning to my sister informing me that my dad has stage Iv Lung Cancer and it has spread to at least his brain. I just now have gotten to my parents house after a 4+ hour drive and will be heading up to the hospital shortly to see him. I don't really know what else to say other than **** Cancer. A little googling tells me that my dad has a 50/50 shot of making it 8 more months but with it already in his brain, I'm guessing that outlook is probably too optimistic.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            I know I don't come in here much anymore but I need to vent and my family hasn't really gone public yet so if you know me personally please keep this to yourself and others you know here. **** Cancer! I was woken up at 3:30 this morning to my sister informing me that my dad has stage Iv Lung Cancer and it has spread to at least his brain. I just now have gotten to my parents house after a 4+ hour drive and will be heading up to the hospital shortly to see him. I don't really know what else to say other than **** Cancer. A little googling tells me that my dad has a 50/50 shot of making it 8 more months but with it already in his brain, I'm guessing that outlook is probably too optimistic.
            Aww, man...
            If there's anything we can do from this side of the world, just let us know.
            * cancer.
            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

My thoughts are with you and yours, Shirtless.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Well, I WAS planning on going to Church. Got in line in the virtual waiting room, had the opportunity to buy either a $25 or $45 ticket. Selected the $25 ticket option...then saw a $20.98 "convenience fee." OH F THAT NOISE. Total BS. So, I'm not going to Church. I'm a ball of rage right now. What a racket. Currently muttering all the cuss words right now, and making up some new ones.
                I ended up getting six tickets, all in 3 pairs. Most expensive pairs were $127 total fees included. That's CHEAP for most concerts, and especially Eric Church. I was happy I got tickets, but bummed I didn't get in the lower level.

I should note that with Eric Church being my favorite artist, and the fact he's playing two set lists with no openers, I was going even if I had to buy from a scalper, so I'm happy to pay what I did.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Sorry to hear that news, Shirtless. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Thoughts heading your way, Shirtless.

Good Afternoon, Lodge!

For anyone that really knows me, I am not a girly-girl. I have a wedding to go to next month, and my co-workers decided to go on a shopping spree and get me dresses. 14 were in the cart originally. Narrowed down to 7. Tried on the 7. Narrowed down to 5. Tried on again with the entire ensemble. Narrowed down to 3 dresses. 1 for the wedding, the other 2 for everyday. It is weird for me.
                    Originally posted by Skeeterman
                    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      867.2 miles to go
                      788.6 miles to go.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

LWB in a dress?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Wow, Shirtless. That sucks. **** cancer indeed.

Spent most of the morning itemizing and packing up clothes to bring to Salvation Army. A good half of the items are being donated because I've put on some weight over the years and stuff just doesn't fit any more. Sigh. Of course, there were some pieces that I've had for about 15-20 years that I no longer wear. Not sure why I haven't donated this stud earlier. Now I have a little more room in my closet to put some newer stuff.

Comment

Thanks guys, feeling a little better about things now that I've gotten to see him. Still no real news as to what the plan is and it appears we won't get one until at least Monday.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Not sure why I haven't donated this stud earlier.
                              Because it might be illegal?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gmann View Post
                                Because it might be illegal?
                                Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! Well that's a funny typo. I'm not even going to change it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X