Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 Part XVII: If debates are great theater, I think this one closes early

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVII: If debates are great theater, I think this one closes e

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mookie's Rasmussen email today reads that tD has pulled back in front in national poles
    Wasn't Rasmussen the same group that had Romney winning in '12?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVII: If debates are great theater, I think this one closes e

Rasmussen is a (R) lean that has them out in front and then pushes the polls to pretty close to equal with everyone in the last week or two before the election.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I can't fathom anyone predicting she's more likely to meltdown than Trump. She has a history of doing the complete opposite, Trump goes full rerun on nearly every question asked. I don't care for her but I believe she will solidify herself as infinitely more presidential than tDon in the debates.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I can't fathom anyone predicting she's more likely to meltdown than Trump. She has a history of doing the complete opposite, Trump goes full rerun on nearly every question asked. I don't care for her but I believe she will solidify herself as infinitely more presidential than tDon in the debates.
          A ham sandwich could present itself as infinitely more presidential than Donnie boy.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Remember, if we nuke the EC states won't matter at all. One might think the largest cities would be blanketed with ads and appearances, but not necessarily -- those cities tend to be highly partisan and so neither party will really be looking at much expected value there.

Suburban sprawl and smaller (whiter) cities is where most of the uptick will be, and that's not a bad thing -- it is after all where people live. And there are plenty of middle pop density places which get no attention now but which would if we went to straight vote: Cheyenne, Oklahoma City, Fort Worth, Anchorage, Boise are all ignored now because their states are locks. All of a sudden they'd become very interesting targets with lots of people up for grabs for both parties.
            I'm all for the nuking of east coast states.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Wins the thread. < goal light on >

(Just let me get the UND Football team home from Stony Brook before you go all "Fat Man / Little Boy" on Lon-Giland. )
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                2023 and let er rip.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  You're talking about the substance of the matter, which doesn't mount to a hill of beans to a great many people during an election. Some news agency or morning show can splice a nasty reply out of the recording and loop it for all to see. It creates a perception of a woman that's unhinged. There's not much you can do to combat such a situation, should she allow it to happen.
                  Right but it took 8 hours to get that 1 moment...you do know how long a debate usually goes right? Not to mention it took an entire committee asking the same ridiculous questions over and over again to make it happen. While the chances arent zero that will happen I would say it is 1:1000. It is an apples and oranges comparison they dont even parallel and that is what the point is.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Right but it took 8 hours to get that 1 moment...you do know how long a debate usually goes right? Not to mention it took an entire committee asking the same ridiculous questions over and over again to make it happen. While the chances arent zero that will happen I would say it is 1:1000.
                    That doesn't really matter -- the Echo Chamber will invent a moment. They take some gesture or expression or remark and put it on psycho loop and just pull a narrative out of their butt. Do you really think reality is going to stop those guys?

This is their last chance to save all those BS policies they've managed to foist on the country for the last 36 years. It could be the last chance to save corporate bribery under Buckley v. Valeo. Short of flat out stealing it, this is their best chance to influence the election.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 09-01-2016, 06:02 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And now, surprising nobody...
                      Cornell University

Comment

That doesn't really matter -- the Echo Chamber will invent a moment. They take some gesture or expression or remark and put it on psycho loop and just pull a narrative out of their butt. Do you really think reality is going to stop those guys?

This is their last chance to save all those BS policies they've managed to foist on the country for the last 36 years. It could be the last chance to save corporate bribery under Buckley v. Valeo. Short of flat out stealing it, this is their best chance to influence the election.
                        They can invent all they want to...it isnt working and it wont going forward. No one has bought any of this crap for months because Drumpf cant get out of his own way. Preaching to the choir isnt going to win them the election the numbers have been proving that for months. The only people buying it are the people in the Echo Chamber no one who breathes normal air is taking the bait.

Put aside your fear for a second and look at the facts...for all of 2016 the Echo Chamber has been using BS clips and ****ed near outright lies to try and take The Shrill down. Sure it works for a nanosecond then she goes right back up. All the while the person they are trying to prop up can barely move the needle even in the polls that are biased towards him. Hell every time they find the ALL NEW CLINTON SCANDAL the nimrod cant even stand not being in the spotlight so he has to do something just dumb enough to let her off the hook.

This isnt about whether they make her look like a loon...they can have fun making up funny little clips and pretending they mean something. The point is she isnt going to crack under the pressure like North Dakota Boy thinks she will. As long as she doesnt, no one in the real world is going to care about whatever manufactured controversy Faux and Rush come up with...just like they didnt with Obama and they havent with Hillary since she owned the committee during the farce of an investigation.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I told you...Drumpf was trolling for attention. I cant believe his staff lets him pull this crap.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            Johnson recently lost the entire "liberal" wing of the libertarian-leaning voters by coming out in favor of federally enforced immunization requirements. If they have a single issue, that's it*. It's getting a lot of coverage in those places where the hippies congregate online, and means that Hillary will pick up 4% that Johnson is losing.

*I mean besides the pot, of course.
                            Not sure about that. In my experience there are anti-vax fruit cakes on both the left and the right.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              All it takes is one exchange like this, that few American voters have seen, during the debate.

Worse? Trump is perceived as ranting and raving all the time. Anything less than that is good for him. Anything like the Benghazi comments and gesticulations harms Hillary on live, national TV.

Do I think Trump can drive her there? Nope. But he'll try.
                              She made whoever that senator was there look pretty dumb.

Comment

LOL. Trump's not even pretending. He hired David Bossie as D/CM. Bossie is the "dirt guy" who has specialized on the Clintons all the way back to Whitewater. This is the equivalent of hiring the "I'm not saying it's aliens" dude as a special investigator of Area 51.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X