Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 Part XVII: If debates are great theater, I think this one closes early

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVII: If debates are great theater, I think this one closes e

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Gotta love how someone salivating over anyone with a D next to the name is trying to lecture us on political cults and only includes one party. Short-sightedness FTL.
    Yeah, but here's the difference. The Democrats are a political party with all it's faults and all it's fringes. The Republican party is a complete **** show.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVII: If debates are great theater, I think this one closes e

Hillary hits Trump unfavorable numbers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-draw8&wpmm=1
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Yeah, but here's the difference. The Democrats are a political party with all it's faults and all it's fringes. The Republican party is a complete **** show.
        Mmmmmmmm

a political party IS a complete **** show.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          If you think I salivate over (D) you haven't been paying much attention for the last decade.

Having only one choice is not the same as liking that choice.
          Kep only salivates over Rachel
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Perhaps "Voters lives matter"?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ha...rticle/2600661
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              It's a fair cop.

Though S. E. Cupp and Megyn are fine, too.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mmmmmmmm

a political party IS a complete **** show.
                Wow, someone actually got the point. Suddenly, faith has risen...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Hillary hits Trump unfavorable numbers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-draw8&wpmm=1
                  All the more reason to have a 3rd person in the debates.

Comment

Wow, someone actually got the point. Suddenly, faith has risen...
                    No, that's not the point. In Washington there is no comparison between the two. None.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Kep's not Rachel's type. < shrug >
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It would nice if the third would offer something realistic and appealing.

Comment

We have a two party system. All these other parties do is get the party most unlike them elected.

Comment

This is interesting.

running our polls-only model using only live-interview surveys, Clinton leads Trump by 7 points and has an 86 percent chance of winning. Running it with only nonlive-interview polls, Clinton leads Trump by 5 points and has a 71 percent chance of winning.
                            Trump does much better in surveys than in live interviewer polling. Assuming this is a significant and permanent effect, what is the cause?

One candidate: a variation on the Bradley Effect. The idea there is people will tend to lie, or at least overestimate their likelihood of performing a social good, when in person. In the Trump case it's reversed: Trump has said horrible things, and people are less likely to admit they are going to vote for him when dealing with an actual human. This is classic conflict/judgment avoidance, in line with subjects being less likely to admit to other forms of reprehensible behavior (drugs, crime, adultery) to a live interviewer.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 08-31-2016, 02:23 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              It would nice if the third would offer something realistic and appealing.
                              A lot of people envision the 3rd party to be the moderates. I think a 3rd and 4th party would be the fringes. Israel's a good example of a system where you have center left, center right, and then lunatics. Problem is to form a coalition government you need to make deals with the nutjobs because rarely does one party win an outright majority.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                We have a two party system. All these other parties do is get the party most unlike them elected.
                                In the short run, but they also test market policies for the majors: if something catches on at least one (sometimes both) of the bigs appropriates it. That's what happened to Perot surfacing deficit control. Hopefully it will happen again with some of Bernie's ideas (breaking up the banks, Tobin transaction tax, college debt relief, reverse Citizens United, tax the f-ck out of the plutes).
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X