X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
    Nice to see Air Force very competitive in the playoffs. If you want to see tough recruiting there it is, all have to be from the USA. Also, 70% were from the NAHL. I guess that's what great COACHING does.
    Free clothes and Food and a lot less shoe polish helps.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Vote for your favorite player in 16-17:

https://fans.vote/v/ACoPw3kNdSk

Can't believe Hubbs is on there.
      I can't believe he's gotten so many votes ... and Anholt hardly any. That's just not right!! Matt is such an important part of this team.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Watching a Washington Capitals game and Doc Emrick & Eddie Olczyk say the Beagle line is the best checking line in the league and Jay is the best face off man in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Watching a Washington Capitals game and Doc Emrick & Eddie Olczyk say the Beagle line is the best checking line in the league and Jay is the best face off man in the league.
          I'm watching and heard that too. Love the Caps. Gonna win the President's Trophy again this season, I think. Hopefully they will go past the second round of the playoffs this time.

Edit: The Caps have won their second consecutive Presidents Trophy. Congrats to Beags and the rest of the guys!
          Last edited by Suze; 04-05-2017, 11:38 PM.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

To me it appears the Senate strategy is to continue cutting education until people say "no more education cuts take the permanent fund".
            Forbid that we should stop paying the oil companies to take our oil, or institute a graduated income tax.
            It's not just sports at stake here. The University state wide is crumbling under these cuts.

Hope this link to BOR Special Meeting works:

http://www.newsminer.com/news/alaska...53546c074.html
            Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 04-07-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

To me it appears the Senate strategy is to continue cutting education until people say "no more education cuts take the permanent fund".
              Forbid that we should stop paying the oil companies to take our oil, or institute a graduated income tax.
              It's not just sports at stake here. The University state wide is crumbling under these cuts.

I am just hoping that this board meeting does NOT result in cutting sports. I know that the BoR has already said keep sports, but now that an EXTRA 22M is being cut, that is some deep cuts.

Comment

Going to American Legion off of new Seward to watch Frozen Four at 4 pm and stay for the Aces going away party at 7:30 on the aces feed. come on down be our guest.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

They need to start cutting some of the fat when it comes to state employees. Alaska has, by a far margin, the most full time state employees per capita. This table is from 2014, but the statistics have not changed all that much.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/pu...-job-type.html

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    They need to start cutting some of the fat when it comes to state employees. Alaska has, by a far margin, the most full time state employees per capita. This table is from 2014, but the statistics have not changed all that much.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/pu...-job-type.html
                    Tough chance of that happening, that would just make to sense. OT coming again in Juneau...
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                      Tough chance of that happening, that would just make to sense. OT coming again in Juneau...
                      Agree with you! I am really pushing my friends who were Aces fans, to get season tickets for UAA games this next season. I think I convinced a couple today to do so. I was hoping UAA had time to get their info together to have a table at the last Aces games to sell UAA season tickets. I did suggest it, but I doubt that happened. Someone really needs to renegotiate the amount of money that UAA gets from a ticket sold at the door. Season tickets are the answer. I hope UAA can come up with an awesome strategy to tap into the Aces fan base, as well as the humungous number of sponsors who supported the Aces. Talked to one sponsor today, and was shocked to hear she gave $488 a month to have her info on the jumbo tron. Holy cow!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        Agree with you! I am really pushing my friends who were Aces fans, to get season tickets for UAA games this next season. I think I convinced a couple today to do so. I was hoping UAA had time to get their info together to have a table at the last Aces games to sell UAA season tickets. I did suggest it, but I doubt that happened. Someone really needs to renegotiate the amount of money that UAA gets from a ticket sold at the door. Season tickets are the answer. I hope UAA can come up with an awesome strategy to tap into the Aces fan base, as well as the humungous number of sponsors who supported the Aces. Talked to one sponsor today, and was shocked to hear she gave $488 a month to have her info on the jumbo tron. Holy cow!
                        UAA and SMG really need to sit down and cut the sh ite. If they don't find a better balance of profit, SMG could be responsible for getting our team axed.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          UAA and SMG really need to sit down and cut the sh ite. If they don't find a better balance of profit, SMG could be responsible for getting our team axed.
                          Sully and UAA are small fry for SMG.
                          As ridiculous as it is SMG has a contract and no incentive to change it.
                          I really don't think SMG corporate cares one way or the other.
                          And the Ticketmaster thing is just as ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                          X