Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: San Diego State to D1?

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I would imagine that SDSU to the Pac 1? would be a lot like adding Pittsburgh or Bowling Green to the Big Ten, wouldn't it be? Lower end of academic standards, and a smaller presence in a market the conference already has. The only thing SDSU would have going for it there would be their alumni base.

(This is, of course, purely speculative blow-hard nonsense, but such is the nature of offseason threads. Let's just roll with it)
    I know you're just stirring the pot; but, remember that Pitt is an AAU school and was supposedly considered for B1G membership just after Penn St joined (Texas was the other rumor back then).

Regarding SDSU, from what I've heard, USC and UCLA have always been dead set against them due to football recruiting, and quashed them joining back when the Arizona schools joined. Of course, SDSU hasn't been as good in football as they used to be. Academically, it wouldn't be much of a falloff or outlier, as it is a big research university (though not AAU). You're right that it doesn't add another market - but, unless they grab Texas, that probably isn't going to happen anyway.

Comment

Re: San Diego State to D1?

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
      I have heard that the major impediment for some of the PAC 12 schools is the Title IX impact as they would have to add women's sports.
      If only there were a women's D-I league to help with the balance...

Comment

Working...
      X