No announcement yet.

Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

Alright...who's playing the game. I'm officially addicted. Also, please feel free to share tips of the trade you have picked up along the way.

I'm at level 10 and downloaded the games Tuesday. Can't put it down.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Pokemon GO: Valor, Mystic or Instinct?

No interest in playing, but for some reason I love how it has taken over the news cycle this week. Beats the hell out of the real news.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

This seems to be the moment I go from being vaguely interested in what The Kids are doing to "f-ck it, I'll be over here with my Kindle -- the most advanced tech I will ever need."

The rest is silence.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm an old hand at Ingress, the publisher's previous game which runs off a similar concept and formed the basis for PoGo's map data. (All the stops/gyms at the Holocaust museum and Arlington? Regrettably, it's to blame.) I have an Ingress portal at the end of my condo complex driveway. It's somewhat out of the way of the hardcore players, so it gets visited maybe a couple times a week. That same portal is now a gym in PoGo. There is now a constant ring of 5 people around it at all times.

Last I heard the active Ingress player base worldwide was about 8 million. This probably hit that in 5 days.

The rate at which this went from "cool niche game mostly played by smart, tech-savvy adults who know what they're doing" to "THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH" was unprecedented. There were no stops in between. I do not blame the haters for the hype backlash. It'll cool off, but holy crap did that blow up fast.

Also, I would like to take this moment to inform you that there is, in fact, no shelter from this storm. #TeamInstinct
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Pokemon Go? what is that? Haven't heard of it.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Also, please feel free to share tips of the trade you have picked up along the way.
            Here's a really good tip ...
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news2/5...airfax-county/
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The first case of DWP -- Driving While Pokemon-ing happened in Auburn NY

http://www.auburnny.gov/Public_Docum...8513.1/Pic.jpg

Yesterday evening, July 12, 2016 at approximately 10:44pm the Auburn Police Department responded to a motor vehicle accident in the area of 144 Owasco Street involving injury to the driver who crashed his vehicle into a tree. The driver admitted to actively playing the “Pokemon Go” game while driving causing him to become distracted and run off the roadway into a tree.

Luckily the driver was not seriously injured but this is an example of how easily accidents can occur when someone is engaged in the game and not paying attention. The accident investigation is on-going.

Have fun but be smart!
                Last edited by SteveP; 07-14-2016, 06:17 PM.
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

T-Mobile users - next week the T-Mobile Tuesdays app is offering unlimited data usage for Pokemon Go for a year.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

So they made what $5B in a week, and that's just with 3 or 4 test markets? They're going to quadruple that when they open it up to the PRC.

And when their Pokemen can fight there are going to be rumbles in every junior high school on Earth.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      So they made what $5B in a week, and that's just with 3 or 4 test markets? They're going to quadruple that when they open it up to the PRC.

And when their Pokemen can fight there are going to be rumbles in every junior high school on Earth.
                      The gym outside my house already looks like a Millennial cockfighting ring.

Comment

Finally had a chance to go on a walk and got up to Level 5. My walk was very productive as the two parks I walked between both lures attached to their Pokemon stops. Probably caught 10 different Pokemon and got to evolve my Drowzee to Hypno.

Also #TeamValor4Lyfe.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Spent a couple hours hanging out at a shopping Plaza tonight. 4 stops within 200 ft of each other, the pokesheeple had lures on all of them most of the time. 'twas fun.

When I had my screen zoomed out, 22 stops and 5 gyms in that area.

Up to level 12, so having great balls is nice. Had to go mystic.

Comment

I mentioned on GPL, that I wanna create a Pokemon on my apt's property, make it somewhat rare, lure the zombies to it, and before they can capture it, destroy the Pokemon. Laugh at the carnage.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Went to World of Beer, sat on the patio, and enjoyed three Pokestops with lures, the sun, and a couple brews. 412 point Raichu strolled by, one-balled it.

I'm level 12, saving up for a Lucky Egg evolution spree this weekend. Don't pass up those Pidgeys and Rattatas - they're easy to evolve for 500 XP a pop, 1000 if you have a Lucky Egg active.

Comment

Working...
                              X