Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Never Forget!

Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

From Twitter

England v. Iceland is on Monday. They're a small country with **** weather & a self-inflicted financial crisis, but they should beat Iceland

And we have the clubhouse leader for Headline of the Year at Fark.

https://m.fark.com/comments/9193483?from_page=main

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    And we have the clubhouse leader for Headline of the Year at Fark.

https://m.fark.com/comments/9193483?from_page=main
    Spectacular.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Never Forget!

This really isn't a big deal. When has rampant nationalism and economic depression ever led to problems in Europe?

Drunkard

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    This really isn't a big deal. When has rampant nationalism and economic depression ever led to problems in Europe?
    Let's not forget about the hyperbole surrounding how enslaved people were with the status quo. That kind of rhetoric ALWAYS brings out the best in people.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

War Mongering Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    You know the Jews are sweating...

(says the German Jew)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

wubba lubba dub dub

European stock markets were all down today except for the Swedes and Finns. The Brits did okay, down only 2.4%. The DOW is down around 500 points now. Buying opportunity, folks.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

This is going to be more dire for England than the EU. EU is a Germany-French axis. If that holds, then the rest should hold together for the most part although the Greeks could be getting the boot in a few years if Britain can disentangle itself without too may problems.

Britain is in trouble. How do you tell the Scots to stay part of a larger union (the UK) when you ditched a larger union for the same reasons the SNP keeps bringing up? Most likely they ditch the UK especially if Boris Johnson becomes Prime Minister, and then they turn around and join the EU.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Never Forget!

Wimbledon winner receives 2,000,000 which was $3,003,200 at 5pm ET yesterday. That is now $2,727,609.

Never Forget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    This is going to be more dire for England than the EU. EU is a Germany-French axis. If that holds, then the rest should hold together for the most part although the Greeks could be getting the boot in a few years if Britain can disentangle itself without too may problems.

Britain is in trouble. How do you tell the Scots to stay part of a larger union (the UK) when you ditched a larger union for the same reasons the SNP keeps bringing up? Most likely they ditch the UK especially if Boris Johnson becomes Prime Minister, and then they turn around and join the EU.
    It was hilarious to listen to one of the Leave leaders asked about Scotland ditching the UK and actually respond, "They shouldn't leave because we are much better off facing this together." They said this with absolutely no sense of irony.

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    European stock markets were all down today except for the Swedes and Finns. The Brits did okay, down only 2.4%. The DOW is down around 500 points now. Buying opportunity, folks.
    Is this the bottom or wait until Monday's close? I suspect some calming over the weekend, some folks buying a Monday's open, and then another slide down to a total of about 3.2% down.

(Dang I wish I'd shorted the FTSE 100 yesterday. Seems someone did ... )
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-24-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Yep, still here

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Very Un-Dude

Never underestimate ignorance.

Several years ago a complete nut job defeated the endorsed Republican candidate for MN Attorney General in the primary election. How? Her name is Sharon Anderson. Not only is her name Scandinavian sounding (which can be a big plus here) but a woman who hosted a then popular local television talk show had the same name. In other words, a large chunk of the population actually thought they were voting for another completely unqualified candidate named Sharon Anderson.
    Last edited by Greyeagle; 06-24-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

even though i voted to leave, this morning i woke up and i just — the reality did actually hit me, one woman told the news channel itv news. If i'd had the opportunity to vote again, it would be to stay.
    omfg.

If only there had been a third option on the ballot: "Flip bird to 'the elites', but stay anyway".
    Last edited by GrinCDXX; 06-24-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Never underestimate ignorance.

Several years ago a complete nut job defeated the endorsed Republican candidate for MN Attorney General in the primary election. How? Her name is Sharon Anderson. Not only is her name Scandinavian sounding (which can be a big plus here) but a woman who hosted a then popular local television talk show had the same name. In other words, a large chunk of the population actually thought they were voting for another completely unqualified candidate named Sharon Anderson.
    Michigan had a Libertarian candidate named Scott Boman for several years who made sure that his name was spelled "Scotty" on the ballot.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Kicizapi Cetan

Were those "Leave" voters looking at what they just did, or, were those "Stay" voters who never fathomed they could lose and were looking for possible ramifications? There is no way to know. The Post assumes it's the former.

Cynical on my part, but that story is curiously predictable. The Post was "Stay". When their desired outcome doesn't manifest the voters are obviously low-information rubes.

North Dakota Hockey:

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Were those "Leave" voters looking at what they just did, or, were those "Stay" voters who never fathomed they could lose and were looking for possible ramifications? There is no way to know. The Post assumes it's the former.

Cynical on my part, but that story is curiously predictable. The Post was "Stay". When their desired outcome doesn't manifest the voters are obviously low-information rubes.
    All mainstream media was "Stay". That's what Bilderberg wanted.

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Voter turnout by demographic would've been nice to have on there.

North Dakota Hockey:

Thread Information