Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Two good articles on the subject:

Telegraph.

BBC.

Good quote from r/soccer: "Just look at the Pound my friend. Every player any British team wanted to buy just instantly got more expensive."
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      If Scotland does leave, does St. Andrew's Cross come out of the Union Jack?
      This opens a HUGE can of worms. Lots of flags with the union jack. What's Australia gonna do? New Zealand? Some Canadian provinces? Cripes what's HAWAII going to do?

the state of hockey is good

Comment

Nigel Farage is now taking credit for the weather.

Interesting that he is surrounded at his press conference by oldish white men. No women, no people browner than a light tan.
        Last edited by ticapnews; 06-24-2016, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          To put it in perspective, that's equivalent to a one day drop in the DJIA of 1582 points.

Cameron's gonna have a fun day.
          Cameron isn't going down with the ship. Announces he will resign as PM.
          The prime minister said he would meet with the European Council next week to explain the decision and begin the process toward the ultimate exit of the U.K. However, Cameron said such talks would be best undertaken by a new leader.

“I do not think it would be right for me to be the captain that steers our country to its next destination,” he said.

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Sky News says the London market may not even open today.
          Global markets taking a nosedive everywhere.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Congratulations on a step forward towards liberty, and a blow to the New World Order. Sure, these will be tried again, and Bilderberg will probably double down their efforts. A chance for a better tomorrow is why these are fought. Also, anyone notice how this had the highest voter turnout in the UK within this decade? That alone speaks volumes.

Now, if Americans can stop being distracted by bathrooms and start focusing on supporting the Brits by action in their better tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              It's called a buying opportunity. As Jim Cramer says, "What does this have to do with the earnings of Bristol-Myers?"

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Now, if Americans can stop being distracted by bathrooms and start focusing on supporting the Brits by action in their better tomorrow...
                Nice shout out, Flag, but what do you mean by that in terms of specific policy choices?

Comment

Nigel Farage is now taking credit for the weather.

Interesting that he is surrounded at his press conference by oldish white men. No women, no people browner than a light tan.
                  You mean, like a HuffPo staff meeting?
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

This billion level freakout that's going on is quite hilarious. Like their whole world has been shattered and now the armies of darkness will march over it all.

The problem here is that the EU became too much and used its benefits as a means of extracting away other things that the nations themselves may not want. Basically it became a dare. The English are the first one to take up the dare and now we will see what happens.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      This billion level freakout that's going on is quite hilarious. Like their whole world has been shattered and now the armies of darkness will march over it all.

The problem here is that the EU became too much and used its benefits as a means of extracting away other things that the nations themselves may not want. Basically it became a dare. The English are the first one to take up the dare and now we will see what happens.
                      Basically, the Brits are tired of unelected mandarins in Brussels telling what they can and can't do.

Hmmmm.....that sounds familiar!
                      Last edited by SteveP; 06-24-2016, 07:56 AM.
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        You mean, like a HuffPo staff meeting?
                        Way to equate a tabloid to the British government.

Comment

I should've shorted the world yesterday.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Way to equate a tabloid to the British government.
                            Nigel is not the UK government. IIRC he's not even UKIP anymore.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

There's one other thing happening you probably won't see again in quite a while: Alex Jones and the Infowars site are jubilant. Yes, I used those words in the same sentence without any sort of negative verb descriptor.

Comment

Get rid of the EU parliament and go back to the common market??
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X