Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Two good articles on the subject:

Telegraph.

BBC.

Good quote from r/soccer: "Just look at the Pound my friend. Every player any British team wanted to buy just instantly got more expensive."

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    If Scotland does leave, does St. Andrew's Cross come out of the Union Jack?
    This opens a HUGE can of worms. Lots of flags with the union jack. What's Australia gonna do? New Zealand? Some Canadian provinces? Cripes what's HAWAII going to do?

Never Forget!

Nigel Farage is now taking credit for the weather.

Interesting that he is surrounded at his press conference by oldish white men. No women, no people browner than a light tan.
    Last edited by ticapnews; 06-24-2016 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    To put it in perspective, that's equivalent to a one day drop in the DJIA of 1582 points.

Cameron's gonna have a fun day.
    Cameron isn't going down with the ship. Announces he will resign as PM.
    The prime minister said he would meet with the European Council next week to explain the decision and begin the process toward the ultimate exit of the U.K. However, Cameron said such talks would be best undertaken by a new leader.

“I do not think it would be right for me to be the captain that steers our country to its next destination,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Sky News says the London market may not even open today.
    Global markets taking a nosedive everywhere.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Banned

Congratulations on a step forward towards liberty, and a blow to the New World Order. Sure, these will be tried again, and Bilderberg will probably double down their efforts. A chance for a better tomorrow is why these are fought. Also, anyone notice how this had the highest voter turnout in the UK within this decade? That alone speaks volumes.

Now, if Americans can stop being distracted by bathrooms and start focusing on supporting the Brits by action in their better tomorrow...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    It's called a buying opportunity. As Jim Cramer says, "What does this have to do with the earnings of Bristol-Myers?"

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Now, if Americans can stop being distracted by bathrooms and start focusing on supporting the Brits by action in their better tomorrow...
    Nice shout out, Flag, but what do you mean by that in terms of specific policy choices?

Nigel Farage is now taking credit for the weather.

Interesting that he is surrounded at his press conference by oldish white men. No women, no people browner than a light tan.
    You mean, like a HuffPo staff meeting?

This billion level freakout that's going on is quite hilarious. Like their whole world has been shattered and now the armies of darkness will march over it all.

The problem here is that the EU became too much and used its benefits as a means of extracting away other things that the nations themselves may not want. Basically it became a dare. The English are the first one to take up the dare and now we will see what happens.

Alien With an Attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    This billion level freakout that's going on is quite hilarious. Like their whole world has been shattered and now the armies of darkness will march over it all.

The problem here is that the EU became too much and used its benefits as a means of extracting away other things that the nations themselves may not want. Basically it became a dare. The English are the first one to take up the dare and now we will see what happens.
    Basically, the Brits are tired of unelected mandarins in Brussels telling what they can and can't do.

Hmmmm.....that sounds familiar!
    Last edited by SteveP; 06-24-2016 at 07:56 AM.
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Never Forget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    You mean, like a HuffPo staff meeting?
    Way to equate a tabloid to the British government.

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    I should've shorted the world yesterday.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Way to equate a tabloid to the British government.
    Nigel is not the UK government. IIRC he's not even UKIP anymore.

Banned

There's one other thing happening you probably won't see again in quite a while: Alex Jones and the Infowars site are jubilant. Yes, I used those words in the same sentence without any sort of negative verb descriptor.

Get rid of the EU parliament and go back to the common market??

Never Forget!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's called a buying opportunity. As Jim Cramer says, "What does this have to do with the earnings of Bristol-Myers?"
    This has a direct impact. A lot of British firms are issuing statements that their projected profits are not going to come to fruition. Accordingly the stocks have tanked. I'd be careful about buying them back. This financial turmoil isn't going away.

Reports are coming in of British tourists stranded because banks and businesses have frozen the British pound.

Kicizapi Cetan

So who's next out? The Netherlands? France? Italy?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

wubba lubba dub dub

France, Germany and the Netherlands won't leave because they all have too much invested in the EU politically. Italy can't leave due to economics, same with many other nations, mostly the smaller ones. The Scandinavians will stay away forever now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    So who's next out? The Netherlands? France? Italy?
    Holland's seen confidence. It's quite similar to France's "confidence" after news spread of the American Revolution. The trick is not with the revolution, but with the aftermath. The global elite will try to impose their will with the same scare tactics. And if they fail, the people may not know what to do with their new found freedom. Learn from what happened with the rise of Napoleon, the Articles of Confederation, the Iraqi liberation, and so on. Make an informed plan.

Banned

This has a direct impact. A lot of British firms are issuing statements that their projected profits are not going to come to fruition. Accordingly the stocks have tanked. I'd be careful about buying them back. This financial turmoil isn't going away.

Reports are coming in of British tourists stranded because banks and businesses have frozen the British pound.
    If the British stocks tank, they tank. The point I'm making is with the tanking stocks that don't have exposure to the UK. Those will be panic sold just because 30 US stocks are doing the same thing. I remember doing my research with H&R Block when they spun off banking, people were in a panic, I bought, made out like a bandit.

Thread Information