Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    What? You're saying it's the same as the DailyKos?
    Don't confuse me with Kepler. I don't give a shiat about the DailyKos either.

Comment

Well, it certainly appears that I was dead wrong in my theory that it was the failed "Scottish Independence" movement being the loudest about leaving the EU.

Comment

Cameron just kept having referendums to deunify the country until one worked.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          And in reality Drudge is not a content provider but a consolidator and linker to a pretty wide range
          Drudge is a consolidator in the same sense that Fox News is a news organization. Their agenda is 99% of their identity and 100% of their business model.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Drudge is a consolidator in the same sense that Fox News is a news organization. Their agenda is 99% of their identity and 100% of their business model.
            Just like MSNBC, and CNN.

All we have left is "advocacy journalism". That's why I try to look in all directions.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Nowadays, you watch the news/a news site or two, and factor in the bias, then you may get an idea of what is the truth. Or watch EVERYTHING, OD on the news, and get an idea of the truth.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Well, it certainly appears that I was dead wrong in my theory that it was the failed "Scottish Independence" movement being the loudest about leaving the EU.
                I forget where I saw the article, but I saw that the "Scottish Independence" group was poised to rise again if Brexit was successful: they would want back in the EU.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  I forget where I saw the article, but I saw that the "Scottish Independence" group was poised to rise again if Brexit was successful: they would want back in the EU.
                  If the Leaves really wanted to establish Fortress Britain against immigrants then Scotland leaving and joining the EU would turn the Scottish border into a Big Fat Problem.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

BBC calls it for Leave. Projected 52-48.

Kep - it's the Scottish boulder.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If the Leaves really wanted to establish Fortress Britain against immigrants then Scotland leaving and joining the EU would turn the Scottish border into a Big Fat Problem.
                      Meh. Shorter than the US Mexico border. I know a guy who'll get the Scots to build it for the Brits. < facepalm >
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        BBC calls it for Leave. Projected 52-48.

Kep - it's the Scottish boulder.
                        SkyNews just called it for Leave also.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

...so they'll have to build a YUUUUUUGE wall?
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The US site for The Guardian is providing vote official vote totals on its main page. Leave is ahead ~840,00 right now.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Freep is going to be hilarious tomorrow. The "this is a victory for Trump!!!!" posts have already started.

Comment

The lead for the Leave side is growing, up another 20k now.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X