Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

The vote went terrible, there’s a motion of no confidence, stop clogging up threads with off topic posts. Discuss.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      The vote went terrible, there’s a motion of no confidence, stop clogging up threads with off topic posts. Discuss.
      She has the backing of Tory MPs and the DUP has said they will support her. Case closed.

29 March isn't approaching any slower. The EU is universally and loudly saying there will be no further deals. They are ticked off at the Brits. Article 50 probably won't be extended because there has to be a reason for Europe to grant the extension and the UK is so fooked right now there is nothing they can offer. Even if they were willing, the EU won't be able to negotiate until the fall because of elections. A second vote on Brexit could be just as divisive as the first and there won't be a general election in the UK until next decade. Even if May was willing to resign (which she inexplicably isn't) there is no one to become PM in her stead. The Tories don't love her but there is no one else they can unite around.

We're flying into Edinburgh on 11 April. Hopefully we don't land in the midst of chaos and civil unrest...but if the British Pound wants to fall even more against the $ that would be cool.

Comment

Just have another referendum but attach the plan to it. If it passes that's the exit, if it fails then Brexit fails.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          She has the backing of Tory MPs and the DUP has said they will support her. Case closed.
          Considering over 100 just voted against her I wouldn’t be so sure.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Is there a reason why May wants to stay in office? What exactly does she plan on doing? Seems the country needs a leader to deliver something, anything, right now be it another referendum or a different exit deal. Don't see how the 2nd one happens as the EU is adamant about not giving anything further than they've already agreed to.

This is what happens when you elect conservatives.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              She has a 1 year reprieve for a NC vote. But if she loses Brexit, she has to go.
              1 year reprieve from Tories call for no confidence. Nothing that says anyone else can call for one.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                1 year reprieve from Tories call for no confidence. Nothing that says anyone else can call for one.
                Corbyn and Labour already has.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Is there a reason why May wants to stay in office? What exactly does she plan on doing? Seems the country needs a leader to deliver something, anything, right now be it another referendum or a different exit deal. Don't see how the 2nd one happens as the EU is adamant about not giving anything further than they've already agreed to.

This is what happens when you elect conservatives.
                  Like was already said, nobody else in the Conservative Party wants the job.

But yeah, the Conservative Party is a shining example of elections have consequences. Between Brexit, Scotland and a host of others it’s a s—tshow.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Basically they throw together a new referendum gambling that the people who kept saying " We voted as a joke and never thought it would pass" was a sizable amount and they cancel Brexit at the last minute or they crash out March 29th.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Basically they throw together a new referendum gambling that the people who kept saying " We voted as a joke and never thought it would pass" was a sizable amount and they cancel Brexit at the last minute or they crash out March 29th.
                      From reading the news out of Britain the EU is basically saying “you’re not changing this, you said you’re leaving.”
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Considering over 100 just voted against her I wouldn’t be so sure.
                        There's a difference between voting for her plan and throwing the House open to a possible Labour Party takeover.

Comment

From reading the news out of Britain the EU is basically saying “you’re not changing this, you said you’re leaving.”
                          Brussels has had enough, and I can't blame them. The Brits half-arsed their membership from the beginning, and received several concessions and extensions on failures to adopt EU standards over the years.

Comment

I can’t wait til all the hoardes of Brit’s, trying to escape the miserable English weather, have to stand in the non eu line at European airports.
                            I say that as someone who lived in the UK and had to travel for work throughout Europe and the pass control always dealt with the mass of drunk Brit tourists in the eu line first

Comment

Here's my bet. Mrs. May stays for reasons already elucidated here. She gets the EU to give up some small tidbit extra which won't make any difference in the big picture. Britain then crashes out. All hell breaks loose.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

How bad was the defeat of May's deal?

There exists in UK politics a block known as the "payroll vote" who are MPs but also members of Government. They are cabinet, assistants and other various titles. They have to vote with Government because they ARE Government. If they ever cast a vote against Government they would be removed from Government and their next paycheck would be substantially smaller. Hence the name.

Analysis by Channel 4 in England shows that every member of Government voted for the deal. Of course. Aside from them, the Government got only 40 Tories to vote with it. The rest of the Conservative Party voted against. A stunning result.

May will still win the vote of no confidence tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X