This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Keep repeating yourself and it will soon sound like more than one person thinks this will happen
    It isn't a question of legality. The UK is a signatory on the Good Friday Agreement which is a binding international treaty. It is against UK and international law to break that treaty, which is exactly what leaving without a deal does. The question is whether the EU and the UN will hold it accountable or not. Considering what other countries have gotten away with I'm not optimistic.

Comment

• Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Britain will skate. The UN doesn't punish white countries*.

*dependent on whether or not you consider Serbians white

Comment

More to the point, Britain is a permanent member of the UN Security Council with a veto.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          More to the point, Britain is a permanent member of the UN Security Council with a veto.
          But it will have no voice in the EU after 31 October and Ireland will have a very loud voice. Germany and France have said they will not abandon the Irish over Brexit. They have stood firm so far but let's see how far they are willing to go.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            But it will have no voice in the EU after 31 October and Ireland will have a very loud voice. Germany and France have said they will not abandon the Irish over Brexit. They have stood firm so far but let's see how far they are willing to go.
            The Irish? Aren't they just Britons with a more attractive accent, more gingers, and higher alcohol tolerance*?

*Being at least 20% Irish, I'm allowed to make this joke

Comment

I would like to announce that I am not putting my name forward to be the new Prime Minister of the UK.

It's amusing to listen to the prospective candidates fall all over themselves to deny they are going to run.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                I would like to announce that I am not putting my name forward to be the new Prime Minister of the UK.

It's amusing to listen to the prospective candidates fall all over themselves to deny they are going to run.
                Boris is running and making no bones about it.

Here's the current list, courtesy of the bbc

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48403705
                Last edited by joecct; 05-24-2019, 07:11 PM.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Brexit Party projected to win the GB Euro Parliament elections. Tories and Labour to take a beating.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Brexit Party projected to win the GB Euro Parliament elections. Tories and Labour to take a beating.
                    So UKIP Lite. Wonderful! /sarc

Comment

Kep would approve of this level of purity:

Alastair Campbell expelled from Labour Party after backing Lib Dems at European elections
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Kep would approve of this level of purity:
                        Only if we had a parliamentary system. In the American system where everyone who gives a crap about their vote is pigeonholed into two major parties, and Democrats currently represent something like a coalition of Euro-left (Bernouts), center-left (Warren/Harris), and a majority of centrists (Biden/Buttigieg), I'm pretty sure he wouldn't approve.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Only if we had a parliamentary system. In the American system where everyone who gives a crap about their vote is pigeonholed into two major parties, and Democrats currently represent something like a coalition of Euro-left (Bernouts), center-left (Warren/Harris), and a majority of centrists (Biden/Buttigieg), I'm pretty sure he wouldn't approve.
                          Figured he'd have purged Manchin (D-WV) by now.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Figured he'd have purged Manchin (D-WV) by now.
                            As opposed to your party, which has purged everyone but old white people.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              As opposed to your party, which has purged everyone but old white people.
                              Hyperbole! The former SC gov and UN Ambassador is a fine example of a contrary view.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hyperbole! The former SC gov and UN Ambassador is a fine example of a contrary view.
                                You can’t in good faith argue he is wrong.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X