Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Oh good. Something that was voted against by a (near?) record margin in the UK parliament has to be passed or the UK and likely the world is ****ed?

SWEET
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Oh good. Something that was voted against by a (near?) record margin in the UK parliament has to be passed or the UK and likely the world is ****ed?

SWEET
      The first vote was a record defeat by the government in the history of Parliament, the second vote was only the third-worst defeat for the government. But Parliament is fairly new, so that really isn't a big deal.

There is an infamous poster for workplaces in the US: The beatings will continue until morale improves!

The UK version now is: The voting will continue until my plan is approved!

Comment

How May summoned her inner Trump.

Theresa had summoned her inner Donald. Her argument was that she was the voters' champion, trying tirelessly to execute the will of the people. And all that was stopping her were those awful, vain, game-playing lawmakers in Parliament with their procedural shenanigans and puffed up self-importance.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          To quote Cromwell, "In the name of God, go."

Maybe Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs can compose a song for the Remainers?
          Last edited by joecct; 03-21-2019, 09:01 PM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            To quote Cromwell, "In the name of God, go."

Maybe Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs can compose a song for the Remainers?
            And drag the world economy off the cliff with them?

It’s almost as if a racist idea without much thought of economic consequence, championed by a bunch of racists who don’t think of economic consequences, was a bad idea.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I loved this from ZDF's German Jon Oliver while I was over there. It has English subs (you'll most likely need to turn them on), and I think truly encapsulates the mainland Europe feeling towards the UK at this point.

Seriously, fck James Dyson. And all of our own billionaires and millionaires who will inevitably do the same thing once we "do the needful".

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...n-live-updates

Crazy. Didn't they see any of joecct's posts about all of the freedom they'll be a-gettin'?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Crazy. Didn't they see any of joecct's posts about all of the freedom they'll be a-gettin'?
                  The contrast between the nearly million people in London rallying for Remain and the relative handful for Leave is humorous. As one person put it, "It looks like Nigel Farage is leading a pub crawl."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

“IKEA has better cabinets”

Comment

• a "people's vote"? isn't that what happened?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        a "people's vote"? isn't that what happened?
                        “If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-march-latest-put-it-to-the-people-led-by-donkeys-banner-david-davis-a8837106.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          “If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-march-latest-put-it-to-the-people-led-by-donkeys-banner-david-davis-a8837106.html
                          Mookie saw that sign
                          Cute..

But the point remains they did vote.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Mookie saw that sign
                            Cute..

But the point remains they did vote.
                            The point remains indications are the population has changed opinions. Also that Parliament can't pass any plan. And if the UK crashes out with no deal they violate the Good Friday Agreement, which is international law. They would become a rogue nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              The contrast between the nearly million people in London rallying for Remain and the relative handful for Leave is humorous. As one person put it, "It looks like Nigel Farage is leading a pub crawl."
                              Remember all the protest marches after 11/16? Didn't change a thing.

Oh rage - my points have been a foreign legislature and foreign court dictating internal matters within the borders of a sovereign nation. That's not cricket.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Causing literal anarchy in the UK to own the libs.

Comment

Working...
                                X