Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Anyone who was a friend of Saint Ronald of Cielo is automatic gutter trash to Kep.
    Yeah, but he’s not entirely wrong on that account.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Anyone who was a friend of Saint Ronald of Cielo is automatic gutter trash to Kep.
      Yeah, but he’s not entirely wrong on that account.

It’s a good baseline. Were you friends with Saint Ron? Ok, prove to me you’re not an arsehole.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It's a fair cop.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Another source for Brexit news.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I can only think of a single PM worse than her within the last 100 years.
            Baldwin? Atlee?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Baldwin? Atlee?
              Chamberlain was a winner.

Theresa May will address the 1922 Committee on Wednesday at 5:00 local time. There is only one reason for her to meet with this group so the only relevant question is when does her resignation take effect. Speculation is Jacob Rees-Mogg and his hard right ERG will support her plan in exchange for her stepping down as soon as it passes. Of course, that assumes that even with ERG support the plan has enough support to pass. (Narrator: It doesn't) So if her plan fails does that mean she can renege on her promise to resign? If she does resign, who the heck takes over the Tory Party?

By the by, in official cabinet meetings the PM and others are quoted discussing how Brexit policy they establish will effect the electoral prospects of the Conservative Party. Cabinet meetings are supposed to be impartial meetings where they discuss matters that effect national interest, not how it might effect their political party. Once again, the PM displays how she and her friends are putting loyalty to party above loyalty to country. Good riddance to her.

Comment

CNBC

British Prime Minister Theresa May has announced she will step down as the leader of the United Kingdom if her Brexit deal finally secures a majority in parliament, allowing a successor to take the lead on future negotiations with the European Union.

"I am prepared to leave this job earlier than I intended in order to do what is right for our party and country," she said at a meeting of a powerful lobby of Conservative lawmakers known as the "1922 Committee," according to media reports.

Comment

Maybe they should let the Scottish Parliament have a go at it.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

And they voted to support --- nothing

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47728333
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      And they voted to support --- nothing

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47728333
                      The 3 closest to approval were Labour, not Tory, plans. That is so weird.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When I was over in Germany, I was watching their news, and saw a report where a bunch of the banks in London have already shifted massive amounts of their capital to Dublin, Frankfurt, Zurich, etc. with many of their operations presumably to follow.

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47724037
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

When I was over in Germany, I was watching their news, and saw a report where a bunch of the banks in London have already shifted massive amounts of their capital to Dublin, Frankfurt, Zurich, etc. with many of their operations presumably to follow.
                            Saw a report that the UK was losing 100M pounds a month just through those kind of transfers and they expected it to accelerate.

Never underestimate the power of the dummies (although after our experience on this side of the pond we're not likely to for a century).
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              The 3 closest to approval were Labour, not Tory, plans. That is so weird.
                              That's because several Tories didn't bother to vote. They should have voted no, but they just abstained. It would have been hilarious if Ken Clarke's motion had passed because they were having a temper tantrum and refusing to play with the other children.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                That's because several Tories didn't bother to vote. They should have voted no, but they just abstained. It would have been hilarious if Ken Clarke's motion had passed because they were having a temper tantrum and refusing to play with the other children.
                                The Tories that abstained were members of the Cabinet and agreed to abstain. A Labour shadow Cabinet member voted against the instructions of the Party and resigned her position
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X