This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That's a weird vote. It's like while you're falling you vote to not hit the ground.
    This is like watching a loved one dying of a prolonged illness (been there). Pull the plug for cripes sake!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      That's a weird vote. It's like while you're falling you vote to not hit the ground.

Are they just trying to rig a democratic fig leaf before they blow off the referendum and tell the people they're too dumb to have self-determination? Like putting a 5150 on an entire country?
      That's a growing possibility. Although they won't say the people are too stupid (telling your voters they're morons isn't the best election strategy, although it worked for Sniffles) they'll say the referendum was non-binding. Then May rescinds Article 50 and retires to whatever paradise she chooses while the rest of Parliament are left to pick up the pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Then May rescinds Article 50 and retires to whatever paradise she chooses while the rest of Parliament are left to pick up the pieces.
        All exiles are distinguished / More important, they're not dead
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The quote I saw today from some EU official was that it's like the crew of the Titanic voting that the iceburg must move.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
            The quote I saw today from some EU official was that it's like the crew of the Titanic voting that the iceburg must move.
            LOL. Perfect.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

BREAKING: Parliament has voted that the calendar will go from 28 March to 30 March, bypassing 29 March. At 11:59 pm on the 28th all clocks in the UK will advance 25 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                BREAKING: Parliament has voted that the calendar will go from 28 March to 30 March, bypassing 29 March. At 11:59 pm on the 28th all clocks in the UK will advance 25 hours.
                LOL. This is great. Yours?

Reminds me of a joke from elementary school.

A (enter ethnicity here) family is driving down a mountain when the brakes fail. The father turns to his wife and says, "Nothing to worry about. At the bottom there's a stop sign."
                Last edited by Kepler; 03-14-2019, 11:03 AM.
                Cornell University

Comment

Are they just trying to rig a democratic fig leaf before they blow off the referendum and tell the people they're too dumb to have self-determination? Like putting a 5150 on an entire country?
                  No, it’s an opposition measure designed to keep the PM from driving them off a cliff with no deal.

Edit: It also comes with the bonus of driving a wedge into the Conservative Party and hopefully forcing a General Election.
                  Last edited by Jimjamesak; 03-14-2019, 11:14 AM.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    No, it’s an opposition measure designed to keep the PM from driving them off a cliff with no deal.

Edit: It also comes with the bonus of driving a wedge into the Conservative Party and hopefully forcing a General Election.
                    I thought Labour was split on this, too, between the Oxbridgian technocrats who understand economics and the rank and file Life in a Northern Town types who want to stick it to those conniving Belgians with their "anthropological features."
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I thought Labour was split on this, too, between the Oxbridgian technocrats who understand economics and the rank and file Life in a Northern Town types who want to stick it to those conniving Belgians with their "anthropological features."
                      When it comes to Brexit there is no party unity. Even Jeremy Corbyn is a Brexiteer who has fought against a second referendum almost as much as May. It was humorous to watch an interview on Channel 4 in Britain where the reporter asked members of the new "Independent Group" what they agreed on apart from Brexit and they couldn't name a single thing.

Comment

May ought to just call the bluff of her so-called supporters to either support the deal as written or she'll call a general election! I have no idea if the Tories, Labour, or 3rd parties would benefit, but the beauty of this plan is neither does anybody else. Right now there's no skin in the game for PM's. They can take absurd votes to reject a deal AND reject leaving without a deal, which are mutually exclusive goals. May's career is already over however this plays out. Push all your chips to the middle of the table and go for broke!!!
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Yeah, at some point May has to realize this is an impossible battle and she’s being led to slaughter.

She’s not a true believer, I don’t think. I would also like to believe she understands she’s going to be voted out regardless of the outcome. So at some point she has to do what’s best for all parties regardless of whether they want it.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Yeah, at some point May has to realize this is an impossible battle and she’s being led to slaughter.

She’s not a true believer, I don’t think. I would also like to believe she understands she’s going to be voted out regardless of the outcome. So at some point she has to do what’s best for all parties regardless of whether they want it.
                            She's a Remainer but has championed Brexit as PM (although Jacob Rees Mogg and his pals will never trust her) and she has already said she will not stand for election when her term is up. She is the definition of a Lame Duck so she can really do whatever she likes.

Comment

Problem for May with calling an election is it runs a huge risk of handing the UK over to Corbyn and all the nationalization that he can muster, something the Conservatives certainly don’t want.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Problem for May with calling an election is it runs a huge risk of handing the UK over to Corbyn and all the nationalization that he can muster, something the Conservatives certainly don’t want.
                                That's why you do it! Either 1) vote for the deal or 2) risk handing the govt over to Corbyn. Vote on deal comes first. If its a no then snap election.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X