Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That pic of the empty benches is amazing. I never thought a party would do that to its own leader and sitting national head of government. Really good thing May isn't Japanese.
    If that happened to Abe, it would be figurative seppuku for him.

Comment

Now May has decided that her Brexit plan won't be introduced after all. Maybe next month, assuming she still has a job.

Government is (privately) ordering industry to prepare for no-deal as "inevitable" at the end of the extension. Of course the Government won't comment publicly.

Comment

May just resigned.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          May just resigned.
          Lord help her replacement . (Sorry sack of chit that he’ll be)
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Lord help her replacement . (Sorry sack of chit that he’ll be)
            I can imagine everybody taking a step backwards, and then them naming whoever was late for the meeting.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A related move?

@CTVNews: Federal government stops sending photos of Queen to Canadians http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/federal...source=twitter https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1...141057/photo/1
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                A related move?

@CTVNews: Federal government stops sending photos of Queen to Canadians http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/federal...source=twitter https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1...141057/photo/1
                Depends on the photos... (that's gotta be a RedTube niche, right?)
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Rule 34 always applies
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Ewww

Comment

I can imagine everybody taking a step backwards, and then them naming whoever was late for the meeting.
                      HA! I love it.

Theresa May could be a great person and an effective MP in her previous role but I don't recall a British leader so much over their head in that job in my lifetime. Yes she got screwed by Cameron who ditched before the sh it hit the fan but nobody forced her to run for the job.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        HA! I love it.

Theresa May could be a great person and an effective MP in her previous role but I don't recall a British leader so much over their head in that job in my lifetime. Yes she got screwed by Cameron who ditched before the sh it hit the fan but nobody forced her to run for the job.
                        Maggie was in way over her head. She was superb at bluffing it out, but scratch the surface and she was a middling minister with a sophomoric understanding of economics and policy, much like her mirror image over the pond.

That was the Golden Age of the Potemkin Leader. The conservative rot hadn't bitten deep into the state yet so countries could run pretty much by themselves even with those nitwits at the helm.
                        Cornell University

Comment

I find it laughable that Brexiteers talk about how the new PM will be able to negotiate a better deal with the EU. They're lying through their teeth. The EU isn't interested in further negotiations and neither are the Brexiteers. They will happily take a no-deal on 31 October. Be interesting to see if the UN is willing to call the UK a rogue nation and impose sanctions. The poor people of Northern Ireland.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            I find it laughable that Brexiteers talk about how the new PM will be able to negotiate a better deal with the EU. They're lying through their teeth. The EU isn't interested in further negotiations and neither are the Brexiteers. They will happily take a no-deal on 31 October. Be interesting to see if the UN is willing to call the UK a rogue nation and impose sanctions. The poor people of Northern Ireland.
                            And if Brexit is successful?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Keep repeating yourself and it will soon sound like more than one person thinks this will happen
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                And if Brexit is successful?
                                And if aliens from the planet Mungo arrive and cure cancer?

Comment

Working...
                                X