North Dakota 2016 Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota 2016 Off-Season Thread

Pretty sweet championship rings for the team.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Pretty sweet championship rings for the team.
      Nice indeed. Are NC rings standard fare? I wonder what they have to do to make sure unpaid value does not flow through to the players. I've heard they charged $450 for these, which may be fair market value, but I would guess they have to be sure the players are not "subsidized" through discount or other means used to keep the cost down.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Nice indeed. Are NC rings standard fare? I wonder what they have to do to make sure unpaid value does not flow through to the players. I've heard they charged $450 for these, which may be fair market value, but I would guess they have to be sure the players are not "subsidized" through discount or other means used to keep the cost down.
        According to rule 16.1.4.2, I think the players can be given a ring worth up to $415 for a national championship. I assume if the cost is more, the school has to pay it. But what's weird is Brad's blog indicates that the Engelstad family foundation paid for them.

https://www.ncaapublications.com/pro...loads/D111.pdf
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Looking forward to the BC-ND game in NYC. Fully expect North Dakota to be a heavy favorite as BC was decimated by early departures. BC will have perhaps the best line in college hockey though if they put White, Fitzgerald and Cangelosi together. Unlikely as they will need to try and develop a second scoring line. The two months leading up to it will give the new players some game experience and perhaps BC will make it a game. They may be one of if not the youngest teams ever with a squad mostly of freshmen and sophomores with just a few seniors and no juniors. Lots of seats left for the game but the North Dakota lower bowl half is almost sold out. Plenty of good seats on the BC side so join us there for some old time fun. May be hard to recognize BC fans as they do not come en masse in team jerseys like you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Re: North Dakota 2016 Off-Season Thread

Not what you asked for buy my favorite "yo mama" joke was: "When yo mama was 8 months pregnant with you she wore a t-shirt that read, '6 months sober'".
            My favourite is Your Mama so Old she used to ride a dinosaur to highschool!

KLF

Comment

Working...
            X