All-Time KRACH Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Time KRACH Ratings

So I've been working for a while trying to run a KRACH calc across every game played for all teams past and present. Finally pulled in the last of the available data for the seasons I started with and cleaned it up the best I could. There are some inconsistencies in the data and a few missing games but overall the impact isn't very great. Maybe a point or two either way for the teams. I'll try to reconcile the data as best I can moving forward.

No weight has been given to site, score, etc. (Though that's my next step.) I excluded all games marked as exhibitions and didn't pull in data pre-1900 (Excel can't handle these dates and the automated data pull didn't catch them) games but there are so few it shouldn't impact the results that much.

Since I've been working on this off and on for the last couple years, I only pulled data in through the 2013-2014 season. I'll need to get that when I have a chance. Anyways, here are the results:

100.0 … Minnesota
    86.0 … North Dakota
    80.3 … Wisconsin
    76.6 … Michigan
    75.7 … Denver
    63.1 … Boston College
    61.5 … Michigan State
    60.4 … Boston University
    54.6 … Northern Michigan
    54.2 … Colorado College
    52.4 … Maine
    51.2 … Minnesota-Duluth
    50.6 … St. Cloud State
    50.3 … Clarkson
    49.4 … Michigan Tech
    47.7 … New Hampshire
    46.6 … Harvard
    46.0 … Cornell
    41.3 … Lake Superior
    39.8 … Notre Dame
    38.3 … Miami
    38.3 … Bowling Green
    37.2 … Minnesota State
    36.3 … St. Lawrence
    36.3 … Nebraska-Omaha
    35.4 … Providence
    34.8 … Ohio State
    34.8 … Western Michigan
    34.4 … Ferris State
    33.9 … Rensselaer
    33.0 … Massachusetts-Lowell
    32.1 … Bemidji State
    31.7 … Alaska-Anchorage
    29.9 … Colgate
    29.7 … Vermont
    29.2 … Yale
    28.7 … Alaska
    26.5 … Northeastern
    26.3 … Dartmouth
    24.5 … Niagara
    23.7 … Brown
    22.7 … Union
    21.1 … Princeton
    20.7 … Merrimack
    19.9 … RIT
    19.6 … Quinnipiac
    17.6 … Alabama-Huntsville
    17.2 … Massachusetts
    16.5 … Wayne State
    16.4 … Mercyhurst
    15.5 … Robert Morris
    14.6 … Air Force
    13.6 … Penn State
    12.6 … Army
    10.8 … Holy Cross
    9.8 … Findlay
    9.8 … Canisius
    8.8 … Connecticut
    8.6 … Sacred Heart
    8.5 … Iona
    7.8 … Bentley
    6.3 … American International
    4.7 … Fairfield
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Re: All-Time KRACH Ratings

What about Kent State, UIC, Ohio, Illinois, etc.?
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Haven't added them yet. Have their data just haven't updated the formulas.
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

St Louis?
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

suck it Fairfield!
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Is all-time KRACH aware that North Dakota is going down the tubes though?
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Northern Arizona?
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Is all-time KRACH aware that North Dakota is going down the tubes though?
                Going Veruca Salt on the bit.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  here are the results:

22.7 … Union
                  are you sure that's not 26.0?
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    Northern Arizona?
                    God bless the Lumberjacks.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      St Louis?
                      God bless the Bilikens.

Some other outliers from the 30s-40s: USC, California, Stanford. More recently (60s-70s): Lake Forest, Penn, Colby, MIT, Williams, Middlebury, Bowdoin, Norwich, Amherst College, Hamilton.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 03-25-2016, 07:38 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So in parsing the data yesterday I noticed a bunch of teams like MIT but wasn't sure if they were actual D1 varsity teams or club teams. It's why I was hesitant to include them.

Does anyone know if they were varsity squads?

I did add up the games that were included. Something like 42,000 games were used in the calcs. There are probably another 10-15k against Canadian teams and club teams.

Edit: the other reason so many teams were excluded was because the original dataset I was working with only went back to the 99-2000 season. As I pulled in more data I had to add more teams.
                        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-25-2016, 08:39 AM.
                        Code:

Comment

Plus d3.

Would it make sense to include all the teams?
                          Code:

Comment

The other project I'm working on is all time pair wise. Might be interesting. Not sure though.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              So in parsing the data yesterday I noticed a bunch of teams like MIT but wasn't sure if they were actual D1 varsity teams or club teams. It's why I was hesitant to include them.

Does anyone know if they were varsity squads?

I did add up the games that were included. Something like 42,000 games were used in the calcs. There are probably another 10-15k against Canadian teams and club teams.

Edit: the other reason so many teams were excluded was because the original dataset I was working with only went back to the 99-2000 season. As I pulled in more data I had to add more teams.
                              MIT did at one time have a D-III program. The first three years that the ECAC existed from 61-62 to 63-64, there was no division of the ECAC. See http://www.augenblick.org/chha/ecac_stn.html.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X