Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016 off-season thread

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    When will they bring Ian in ? He has a 97 birth date .
    God, I was watching the Lakers play at the Puller in the 60's and here hoping to watch a kid born in 97. Where has all the time gone ?

Comment

God, I was watching the Lakers play at the Puller in the 60's and here hoping to watch a kid born in 97. Where has all the time gone ?
      Maybe the Lakers need to find a modern day Randy McArthur?

Comment

Lakers had a '97 this past year. He may have been mentioned a few times by a certain poster.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Defiel named team MVP for 2nd year in a row. Torrel named Outstanding Freshman. No surprises there.
          http://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hocke...20160331n5iwgz
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Congratulations to Drapluk on his first goal as a pro last night.
            Last edited by Section P; 04-02-2016, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I found out in the 2016-17 schedules thread that it looks like the Lakers have backed out of the Shillelagh Tournament next season according to the New Haven Register. Hopefully the reason the Lakers backed out was to get more home NC games.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                I found out in the 2016-17 schedules thread that it looks like the Lakers have backed out of the Shillelagh Tournament next season according to the New Haven Register. Hopefully the reason the Lakers backed out was to get more home NC games.
                I looked over there and saw that someone is saying that Yale, Clarkson, Holy Cross and Notre Dame are in the tournament based upon an article in the New Haven Register. It sounds a bit surprising that Notre Dame would bring in 3 schools from out East for the tournament. It might be correct but it does make me wonder about it. It would be nice for the Lakers to have another home NC series though.

Comment

Bummer. That tourney is pretty close to me, and I had already penciled in a chance to see my Lakers that weekend.

I hate to ask a question that has likely been discussed in detail, but I haven't been on the board much lately. Any thoughts as to which recruits listed on the sites will actually be on deck next year? Looks like we have 7 players departing from a roster that already seems big, so I can't imagine all those guys listed as 2016 recruits will be in school next year.

Comment

I am betting 6 new players come in .

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
                      Bummer. That tourney is pretty close to me, and I had already penciled in a chance to see my Lakers that weekend.

I hate to ask a question that has likely been discussed in detail, but I haven't been on the board much lately. Any thoughts as to which recruits listed on the sites will actually be on deck next year? Looks like we have 7 players departing from a roster that already seems big, so I can't imagine all those guys listed as 2016 recruits will be in school next year.
                      Next year's incoming recruits: Luke Morgan, Max Humitz, Bryan Basilico, Colin Saccoman, Kristofers Bindulis, Brayden Gelsinger

Cole Hults (brother of Mitch) will be with the Lakers either next season or the following season. That hasn't been determined the last I heard.

Brendan McKay (brother of Austin) was a red-shirt walk on this past season and should be with the Lakers next season.

Brayden Gelsinger played a little bit of Major Junior when he was younger and will likely have to sit out at least part of next season. The Lakers have appealed his case to the NCAA and are awaiting word from them. The NCAA has begun to be a little more lenient the past couple of years with guys that have played minimal Major Junior; now they sometimes will allow them to play Div 1 after sitting out some games.

There's always the chance of some surprises. Sometimes guys will de-commit from other schools and become available; then it's a matter of whether they can be accommodated from a scholarship perspective.

Comment

Buddy Robinson has just been called up by the Ottawa Senators: http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=877067

Comment

What doesn't make sense is that I thought Western Michigan was a permanent invite to the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                            What doesn't make sense is that I thought Western Michigan was a permanent invite to the tournament.
                            The only thing I can think of is that Maybe the reporter has the years the teams might be there incorrect. I find it kind of odd that Yale, Clarkson and Holy Cross are all attending this year. Believe me, I would rather see any decent Western team instead of HC, would make a great weekend.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Buddy Robinson has just been called up by the Ottawa Senators: http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=877067
                              And he made his NHL debut tonight. Congratulations to Buddy! He becomes the 31st former Laker to play in the NHL. Looks like another former Laker NHL jersey will be added to Taffy Abel Arena this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Next year's incoming recruits: Luke Morgan, Max Humitz, Bryan Basilico, Colin Saccoman, Kristofers Bindulis, Brayden Gelsinger

Cole Hults (brother of Mitch) will be with the Lakers either next season or the following season. That hasn't been determined the last I heard.

Brendan McKay (brother of Austin) was a red-shirt walk on this past season and should be with the Lakers next season.

Brayden Gelsinger played a little bit of Major Junior when he was younger and will likely have to sit out at least part of next season. The Lakers have appealed his case to the NCAA and are awaiting word from them. The NCAA has begun to be a little more lenient the past couple of years with guys that have played minimal Major Junior; now they sometimes will allow them to play Div 1 after sitting out some games.

There's always the chance of some surprises. Sometimes guys will de-commit from other schools and become available; then it's a matter of whether they can be accommodated from a scholarship perspective.
                                Thanks Bill. No obvious Rock Stars but it looks like a well rounded class that builds on what we have. Should see more improvement next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X