Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2016 off-season thread

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    I see Notre Dame finally got tired of the huge travel cost it took upon by joining the Hockey East conference. I wonder what team next will jump leagues to cut down on cost. Miami. Western ? Arizona is joining the big ten along side Notre Dame and better there than with the WCHA I think.
    There is some speculation that Western Michigan and Miami might join the WCHA with Bemidji and Mankato joing the NCHC. It would definitely save on money and travel. I could see some Atlantic Hockey Schools added as well to make the WCHA 12 teams.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I ran across this article about Owen Guy last night. It's about a year old but does give us some idea of what to expect from him when he gets to the Lakers in a couple of seasons: http://overtimesportsnation.com/cchl...atch-owen-guy/
      Last edited by Bill; 03-24-2016, 07:16 AM.

Comment

New to the thread, big Laker Fan few questions….

1. Who are the new recruits coming in for next season?

2. Who is in the Sheliagh(sp?) tournament at ND next season? (Other than LSSU and ND)

3. Where do you put the Lakers in the WCHA next season. (I'm predicting a 4th place regular season finish)

Anchors away!

Comment

Originally posted by WayUpNorth22 View Post
          New to the thread, big Laker Fan few questions….

1. Who are the new recruits coming in for next season?

2. Who is in the Sheliagh(sp?) tournament at ND next season? (Other than LSSU and ND)

3. Where do you put the Lakers in the WCHA next season. (I'm predicting a 4th place regular season finish)

Anchors away!
          !. At a minimum, the new guys next season should include Luke Morgan (F), Bryan Basilico (F), Max Humitz (F), Collin Saccoman (D), and Kristofers Bindulis (D). Brendan McKay (F) will also likely be a a new guy next season; he was a red-shirt walk on this season and is the brother of Austin McKay. Cole Hults (D), brother of Mitch Hults, will be with the Lakers either next season or the following one. Brayden Gelsinger (F) may be with the Lakers at some point next season. And it's always possible there could be someone else we haven't yet heard about.

2. I'm not sure.

3. I'm not into making predictions but if the Lakers improve by even a handful of points next season they should be in the runniing for a first round home ice spot.

Comment

Is there anyone coming in that they think has a nice touch for scoring ?

Comment

Is there anyone coming in that they think has a nice touch for scoring ?
              It's always hard to determine whether guys that seem to have that scoring touch in Juniors will also have it at the Div 1 level. I think that Luke Morgan has perhaps the most scoring potential of the incoming recruits. Ideally I think the coaches would have liked to see him play another season of Juniors, but he's supposed to be a very bright kid and I think he was starting to get some overtures from the Ivy league schools and they were afraid they might lose him if they didn't bring him in next season (which is what he wants).

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                It's always hard to determine whether guys that seem to have that scoring touch in Juniors will also have it at the Div 1 level. I think that Luke Morgan has perhaps the most scoring potential of the incoming recruits. Ideally I think the coaches would have liked to see him play another season of Juniors, but he's supposed to be a very bright kid and I think he was starting to get some overtures from the Ivy league schools and they were afraid they might lose him if they didn't bring him in next season (which is what he wants).

Morgan seems to be the one to watch as far as incoming players go.

I'm still excited about next seasons Sophomore class. As the season went on Cuglietta and Hand really improved. Nellis had a solid under the radar season. Nenadal was a spark plug and Torrel when healthy really shined. Hultz and Headrick were solid pretty much the whole season. Hayes and McArdle played solid and I think all of them are only going to get better.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Very sad news in the hockey world as referee Butch Mousseaux passed away this morning as a result of a head injury suffered pre-game last Friday evening at the WCHA tournament. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Mousseaux family.
                  Last edited by Bill; 03-26-2016, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Unless everyone from Latvia is named Blueger.
                    Well, male Latvian names generally end in s or is. So ... I'm not sure that I had a point.

GFM <— had Karlis Zirnis at UAH a while back
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      Well, male Latvian names generally end in s or is. So ... I'm not sure that I had a point.

GFM <— had Karlis Zirnis at UAH a while back
                      His actual Latvian name is Roberts Blugers. Both he and his brother "Americanized" their names somewhat for easier pronunciation. The Lakers also have a D-man recruit from Latvia for next season named Kristofers Bindulis.
                      Last edited by Bill; 03-25-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

His actual Latvian name is Roberts Blugers Both he and his brother "Americanized" their names somewhat for easier pronunciation. The Lakers also have a D-man recruit from Latvia for next season named Kristofers Bindulis.
                        I had thought that I'd read that somewhere about Teddy. I sure do understand why you might do that.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by WayUpNorth22 View Post
                          New to the thread, big Laker Fan few questions…

Western Michigan is a perennial invitee for ND, so expect the Broncos in the Shillelagh.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                            Morgan seems to be the one to watch as far as incoming players go.

I'm still excited about next seasons Sophomore class. As the season went on Cuglietta and Hand really improved. Nellis had a solid under the radar season. Nenadal was a spark plug and Torrel when healthy really shined. Hultz and Headrick were solid pretty much the whole season. Hayes and McArdle played solid and I think all of them are only going to get better.
                            I saw Luke Morgan twice last weekend. Solid player with second line potential, although he will likely play lower in the lineup as a freshman. Another year of juniors would probably be a good idea.
                            Last edited by davyd83; 03-26-2016, 07:54 PM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

His actual Latvian name is Roberts Blugers. Both he and his brother "Americanized" their names somewhat for easier pronunciation. The Lakers also have a D-man recruit from Latvia for next season named Kristofers Bindulis.
                              Since we will have a couple Latvian players, I wonder if they will hang a Latvian flag in the Taffy like NMU does with the Swedish flag?

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                I had thought that I'd read that somewhere about Teddy. I sure do understand why you might do that.

GFM
                                I think Teddy shed "Teodors" while still at Shattuck. He was Teddy from Day 1 at Mankato. I did start to wonder if every Latvian name ended in S.

Comment

Working...
                                X