X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2016 Off Season thread: A Drivel-free Summer

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Being totally selfish, i would have loved to see Jason stay at RPI for as many years as he was eligible. However, as I have stated before, he has the poetential to be a super player at the top level of hockey. I've seen every goaltender at RPI since 1963 starting with Bill Sack (who was superb). I think Jason had the most talent and showed flashes at times (when healthy) of what he was truly capable of. Simply the best I had seen and I know his numbers overall never showed it. College statistics aside, I think he has the potential to be one of the best NHL players ever to have played at RPI and might eventually stand there with Oates, Juneau, and Puppa. Congrats on the signing and best wishes for a spectacular career in the future. he will be a great representative of the best that RPI has.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Jason, congratulations to you and your wife on the next part of the journey. May your family enjoy many blessings.

Comment

I don’t know if this is factual, no name was credited............ It’ll be a few days, at least, before Kasdorf can play but it’s believed he’ll stay with the Sabres and not be sent to their American Hockey League farm team in Rochester. http://www.troyrecord.com/article/TR...ce=twitterfeed
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Congratulations to Jason Kasdorf. Truly a class act. I'm honored to havesee you play for the last four years. One of the best.
          Last edited by jericho; 03-15-2016, 07:57 AM.
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Kazzy’s new goalie coach...... Allen, a former pro goalie, spent the last four seasons as the Chicago Blackhawks’ developmental goaltending coach, overseeing the netminders with the AHL Rockford IceHogs. He spent three seasons as St. Lawrence University’s goalie coach and also coached in Japan before joining the Blackhawks...... http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sab...-andrew-allen/
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 15 March 2016. There are 201 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2016 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congratulations to Kazzy and his family. He worked hard at RPI and showed his talent every game. He will be missed in Troy, but I hope we will get to see him in the NHL soon.
                All the best to Jason Kasdorf.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Who cares if you hurt someone's feelings?
                  Again, to be crystal clear, if you go out of your way to do it deliberately, then it is perverted.

If it happens by accident, then one acknowledges it was inadvertent and apologizes.

Since you never apologize ever for anything, one must inexorably infer that you deliberately and knowingly try to hurt people.

Who wants to be around a person like that?
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

One point DrD makes is the fine character of the players who come through the program. While it is frustrating to have the same problems plague the team's play year after year after year, it is definitely a point of pride to see such good people.

It makes for a Hobson's choice, in a way: we'd all prefer fine character AND wins. One hopes it is never an either/or choice among those two options.

Good luck to the Kasdorf family with his pro career!
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      One point DrD makes is the fine character of the players who come through the program. While it is frustrating to have the same problems plague the team's play year after year after year, it is definitely a point of pride to see such good people.

It makes for a Hobson's choice, in a way: we'd all prefer fine character AND wins. One hopes it is never an either/or choice among those two options.

Good luck to the Kasdorf family with his pro career!
                      FF: The kids are just representative of their parents. Jenny and I have had the great experience of meeting and knowing so many. In the old days it was just phenomenal to stay in Troy for the weekend series at the old Holiday Inn (then Best Western etc) and meet the families at breakfast or in the evenings after the games at the bar(on occasion jen and i will take a drink). Of course we all want to see wins and championships and success on the ice. We want to see it more for the boys and perhaps even more so for their families. Whether it was the Curadis, of the Alfords, the Tappers, the Healys, the Juneaus, the Malchuks, and so many others, we have been blessed to meet and share memories with them. 53 years of following RPI hockey(for me) and 41 years for Jenny and we really do not count the number of championships as much as we count the great number of families we have gotten to be friends with.
                      I know the countdown has already started for the next season. And again it is a long off season. But we are already looking forward to October and another year of cheering on the greatest group of kids around.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Being totally selfish, i would have loved to see Jason stay at RPI for as many years as he was eligible. However, as I have stated before, he has the poetential to be a super player at the top level of hockey. I've seen every goaltender at RPI since 1963 starting with Bill Sack (who was superb). I think Jason had the most talent and showed flashes at times (when healthy) of what he was truly capable of. Simply the best I had seen and I know his numbers overall never showed it. College statistics aside, I think he has the potential to be one of the best NHL players ever to have played at RPI and might eventually stand there with Oates, Juneau, and Puppa. Congrats on the signing and best wishes for a spectacular career in the future. he will be a great representative of the best that RPI has.
                        GReat post Doc, and I agree, he's a great example of playing out his 4 years, and maximizing his opportunities here. I think he'll do well. Good luck!
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Godspeed to Kazzy. I wish him the best in the pros (except when he plays vs. the NY Rangers). We can only lament on what might have been had he been healthy throughout the four years.
                          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            Again, to be crystal clear, if you go out of your way to do it deliberately, then it is perverted.

If it happens by accident, then one acknowledges it was inadvertent and apologizes.

Since you never apologize ever for anything, one must inexorably infer that you deliberately and knowingly try to hurt people.

Who wants to be around a person like that?
                            Not me.
                            And the term "political correctness" has be turned into an explitive by some people, when all it means is common courtesy. Show a little respect to your fellow man.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Today is 16 March 2016. There are 200 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Today is 16 March 2016. There are 200 days until RPI's next game.

Only 200 days left? It only seems like last week that they played a game. Oh that's right, they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X