X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2016 Off Season thread: A Drivel-free Summer

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Chip McDonald is awful, he doesn't care about improving. He's arrogant.
    And as long as his uncle is still the ECAC's director of officiating, that's unlikely to change.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
      And as long as his uncle is still the ECAC's director of officiating, that's unlikely to change.
      Assuming this is the truth (and I don't see any reason for you to fib on here), why does this not surprise me...

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        Just to make it crystal clear, no one complains about your "dissent," and we all know that you are deceiving yourself when you employ that kind of rationalization. ServinisScores and DrD offer as much or more "dissent" as you do, yet no one complains because of the manner in which they express themselves.

It is never about the content of what you say. We know you are lying to yourself when you pretend that it is.

You walk into a party where people are enjoying themselves, and deliberately pass gas, because you find it amusing when people complain about the smell. That is not "dissent" that is just rude.
        Fish: You at least have me pegged well. I am most certainly not pleased with what has happened with this hockey program over the past 20 years. To say that the last ECAC championship was 1995 is actually a bit of an embarrassment. I say this because we have had wonderful boys come through this program and many with NHL or near NHL talent. We as fans of the program are just that, fans. But these boys who give their hearts and souls out there deserve far better. Some seasons are just not good (and that is to be expected for any program). But we have so many years that we start off with such positive feelings and results only to see everything fall apart. I am not a college hockey expert by any means. Doubtful that any of the posters here are. But that does not mean that we cannot see or experience what is happening each year. We just seem to have to keep making excuses for each season. Too many injuries, running into a hot goalie, etc etc. Both Jen and i live RPI hockey. We will continue to do so for as long as we are around. We both have a lot of years of experience with this program and feel both the elation of success and the frustration of failure. I enjoy the chance we get to post here on the threads. I just try to give my viewpoint of what i have seen now and in the past. Do I get critical? Sure. Will I point out when things are going badly or someone or the entire team is having a bad night? Sure. But i treasure these kids and I love this school. For us, hope springs eternal and there is always next year (god willing) and I look forward to our boys coming back healthy for next season and look forward to the long list of recruits RB and Turk follow so well for us joining the program. I hope we can all still contribute our thoughts here 9even the sarcastic ones). We have the greatest group of student athletes on earth and for the most part, a great group of fans who follow them.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Fish: You at least have me pegged well. I am most certainly not pleased with what has happened with this hockey program over the past 20 years. To say that the last ECAC championship was 1995 is actually a bit of an embarrassment. I say this because we have had wonderful boys come through this program and many with NHL or near NHL talent. We as fans of the program are just that, fans. But these boys who give their hearts and souls out there deserve far better. Some seasons are just not good (and that is to be expected for any program). But we have so many years that we start off with such positive feelings and results only to see everything fall apart. I am not a college hockey expert by any means. Doubtful that any of the posters here are. But that does not mean that we cannot see or experience what is happening each year. We just seem to have to keep making excuses for each season. Too many injuries, running into a hot goalie, etc etc. Both Jen and i live RPI hockey. We will continue to do so for as long as we are around. We both have a lot of years of experience with this program and feel both the elation of success and the frustration of failure. I enjoy the chance we get to post here on the threads. I just try to give my viewpoint of what i have seen now and in the past. Do I get critical? Sure. Will I point out when things are going badly or someone or the entire team is having a bad night? Sure. But i treasure these kids and I love this school. For us, hope springs eternal and there is always next year (god willing) and I look forward to our boys coming back healthy for next season and look forward to the long list of recruits RB and Turk follow so well for us joining the program. I hope we can all still contribute our thoughts here (even the sarcastic ones). We have the greatest group of student athletes on earth and for the most part, a great group of fans who follow them.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DrDemento again."

Perfect eloquence.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            That is all true, but it is even more than that.
            We all have problems with the way this team has been run since 1995. And most of us have given our thoughts on the subject.
            What we don't do, and what Dude does is project negativity into the future. Even within games. He will complain about our power play before they even drop the puck. Now we all know that our PP is awful, but we still have hope with each coming pp that this will be the one that we score on. But he needs to interject his negativism with ridiculous comments. It just gets old.
            If you want to direct the complaints at me, that's your prerogative. It's what's happening on the ice that's troubling, though. Do I expect the power play to click every time? Of course not, that's absolutely insane. It's a reasonable expectation for us to actually generate some opportunities, though. Unfortunately it seems like we only have one attempted way of "generating" them: one time shot from a certain perimeter player (who it is depends on which power play unit is out there). Opposition knows this, plays the outside tight, and leads to turnovers or blocked shots. I could care less if you're offended by how that's called out on score threads, especially if "old and busted" is going to keep happening game after game. How about looking at other ways to penetrate? I seem to recall a number of successful opportunities generated from a low position, and although it's not going to happen every time, it's a great way to mix it up.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              If you want to direct the complaints at me, that's your prerogative. It's what's happening on the ice that's troubling, though. Do I expect the power play to click every time? Of course not, that's absolutely insane. It's a reasonable expectation for us to actually generate some opportunities, though. Unfortunately it seems like we only have one attempted way of "generating" them: one time shot from a certain perimeter player (who it is depends on which power play unit is out there). Opposition knows this, plays the outside tight, and leads to turnovers or blocked shots. I could care less if you're offended by how that's called out on score threads, especially if "old and busted" is going to keep happening game after game. How about looking at other ways to penetrate? I seem to recall a number of successful opportunities generated from a low position, and although it's not going to happen every time, it's a great way to mix it up.
              Not Okay (before a powerplay):
              "Decline the penalty"
              "Can't wait for the pass-pass-turnover"

Okay (after a powerplay):
              "Yet another powerplay with no opportunities. Unfortunately it seems like we only have one attempted way of "generating" them: one time shot from a certain perimeter player (who it is depends on which power play unit is out there). Opposition knows this, plays the outside tight, and leads to turnovers or blocked shots. How about looking at other ways to penetrate? I seem to recall a number of successful opportunities generated from a low position, and although it's not going to happen every time, it's a great way to mix it up."
              RPI Class of 2012
              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

If u fans are satisfied being a top 25 ish team and missing league final 4 every year then that is what you will get
                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                  If u fans are satisfied being a top 25 ish team and missing league final 4 every year then that is what you will get
                  When you wrote "If u fans" did you mean "If you fans" or "If U(nion) fans"?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

no one saying that just not be rude about it
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      no one saying that just not be rude about it
                      Who cares if you hurt someone's feelings? The point's out in the open, it's recognized, and now it's much easier to address it. Spending so much time with politically correct bull**** confuses the subject and brings about nothing productive.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Who cares if you hurt someone's feelings? The point's out in the open, it's recognized, and now it's much easier to address it. Spending so much time with politically correct bull**** confuses the subject and brings about nothing productive.
                        It brings everyone else down, and it doesn't amke for an enjoyable experience on the threads. I know you enjoy talking with yourself, among other things, but I prefer to have a nice healthy discussion about RPI hockey.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Kasdorf just signed
                          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Kasdorf just signed
                            Thanks for the info. Certainly not a surprise.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X