Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Yep, still here

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    HBO has confirmed that episodes 9 and 10 for this season will be longer than normal. Episode 9 will be 60 minutes long and Ep 10 will be 69 minutes long. I'm not posting the link because the title of Ep 9 is something of a spoiler, though it's something that everyone is expecting to happen as it's they've been building to it all season long.
    Not gonna lie. The name of the 10th episode made me laugh.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

wubba lubba dub dub

It turns out that with HBO's streaming service you can get the current day's episode prior to its broadcast time on the channel proper. So I just finished it now. That was a good chase scene, and the Hound made for good stuff, too. I like the style of his killings.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Never Forget!

Maybe Gendry will row his way to Winterfell in time for the Battle of the ********!

(really? B@$t@rds is not allowed?)

Yep, still here

Arya's trip to Braavos was basically to get some training and waste time like Bran's.

Probably a leftover from Martin's original script with the 5 year gap after the War of Five Kings.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Drunkard

Also: interesting offscreen fights this week.

Must've saved on the fight choreography for next week.

Did anyone else get the impression from Arya's last scene, and the look, and smirk, on Jaqen's face that this was his goal the whole time? What is the Faceless Men's goal here? If they were trying to train Arya and send her back to the North of Westeros, does that mean something? Do the Faceless Men know about the White Walkers, and is Arya important in some way?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Did anyone else get the impression from Arya's last scene, and the look, and smirk, on Jaqen's face that this was his goal the whole time? What is the Faceless Men's goal here? If they were trying to train Arya and send her back to the North of Westeros, does that mean something? Do the Faceless Men know about the White Walkers, and is Arya important in some way?
    I definitely get the feeling that the faceless men were hoping Arya would survive the other girl's attacks. Not sure about the attitude of the rest, if the guy was just proud of her development and her choosing to be her own person?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

I got the impression it was his plan. I didn't think about the idea that it was their geopolitical goal for her to go back home and Be Part Of The Solution (although now you say it I like it as fitting into the show's political arcs overdetermining all the characters' actions). I thought of it more personally: Arya is not faceless, she is Arya, that is her correct place in the world. Whereas The Running Girl (and man that was a cool chase) is the perfect machine who simply executes code, Arya is a human being who weighs merits and deals in grey areas. The world needs both, but the latter are vanishingly rare, so we don't want to waste one.

That was a terrific episode. Just the right balance of action, ideas, and gratuitous violence. All it was missing was boobies.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-13-2016 at 09:54 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    All it was missing was boobies.
    Have to settle for Clegane Cock.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Have to settle for Clegane Cock.
    No judgments here.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Never Forget!

Calling it now: episode 10 concludes with Cersei saying "Burn them all" as Qyburn sets off the Wildfyre. Fade to black. Credits.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Calling it now: episode 10 concludes with Cersei saying "Burn them all" as Qyburn sets off the Wildfyre. Fade to black. Credits.
    I think it ends with either the Nights King walking through the tunnel at Castle Black, or with the wall collapsing.

RIP - Kirby

Lucia Apologist

I'm guessing we're going to see the Knights of the vale on Sunday. That would be bad if that battle concludes as the Night King watches only to lift his hands.

He fixes the cable?

Wun Wun is going to die next week and I'm going to be angry as hell.

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Wun Wun is going to die next week and I'm going to be angry as hell.
    Totally going to happen. He's going to kill about 200 of Ramsey's men first though.
    Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 06-16-2016 at 08:52 AM.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Totally going to happen. He's going to kill about 200 of Ramsey's men first though.
    No, he'll kill many more than 200. A few might even flee upon seeing him.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Yep, still here

Well, Ramsay only needs 20 good men anyway. Hopefully Wun Wun concentrates on those.

Wow. Just, wow. That was insanely good.

RIP - Kirby

He fixes the cable?

"You and I have that in common."

- Yara Greyjoy

Great episode.

wubba lubba dub dub

I really thought he would receive the Theon No-Joy before his final ending. I guess that just goes to show one house is nobler than the other.

Great episode.

Thread Information