Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I was thinking about that too. And it makes me think that with Tommen now in the HS's pocket that the HS may somehow convince Tommen to be the Seven's champion in the trial. It's highly unlikely, IMO, but would be a fun twist to fulfill the season 5 prophecy.
    Tommen is very young and inexperienced, but has been naive, not stupid. I hope he's figured out the best way to deal with HS is to get behind him. (Plus Margaery when she cleans up is, well, irresistible.) Tommen is about the only character from whom we don't even entertain the possibility of a Cunning Plan, so as it gets harder and harder for anything on the show to catch us unawares, this stands out to me as an obvious twist. Add the fact that Margaery is set to be an uncomplicated archvillain, and Jaime has done a full 180 from heel to face, and the only thing left is a spectacular betrayal of both Cersei and HS and a full consolidation of all Lannister/Tyrell power.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Aren't we running short of Cleganes?
      The Gravedigger. He's Sandor.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I was thinking about that too. And it makes me think that with Tommen now in the HS's pocket that the HS may somehow convince Tommen to be the Seven's champion in the trial. It's highly unlikely, IMO, but would be a fun twist to fulfill the season 5 prophecy.
        Or, Loras. Really drive a wedge in between the Tyrells and Lanisters.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Or, Loras. Really drive a wedge in between the Tyrells and Lanisters.
          That would do it, but at the same time, it wouldn't cause Cersei to blanche for even a moment as she's afflicted with far too much hubris to consider anybody a real threat if they're not making a direct threat to the Lannister name. That, in turn, twists the dagger in their family all the more because for as much as she fashions herself a schemer, there are far too many other players in the Game that far better at it than she is.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Holy shiite that would be an awesome twist but I can't fathom even Tommen would be so gullible. On the other hand, Queen Margery might persuade him if she thinks she could end up on the throne if her husband dies. Has anyone figured out who would be next in line? The Tyrell army is right there at King's Landing....

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Holy shiite that would be an awesome twist but I can't fathom even Tommen would be so gullible. On the other hand, Queen Margery might persuade him if she thinks she could end up on the throne if her husband dies. Has anyone figured out who would be next in line? The Tyrell army is right there at King's Landing....
              A civil war, as far as I can tell. There's only been one woman on the Iron Throne, it lasted 6 months before her half-brother got crowned elsewhere, brought on the civil war known as the Dance of Dragons, and she got fed to a dragon when her side lost.
              Last edited by bronconick; 05-31-2016, 07:37 PM.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Bronn was shown in the preview for next week's episode.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Interesting tidbit: Iwan Rheon, who plays Ramsay Bolton, bases his performance upon Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker. That makes a lot of sense after I read that.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Interesting tidbit: Iwan Rheon, who plays Ramsay Bolton, bases his performance upon Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker. That makes a lot of sense after I read that.
                    He's gonna off himself after the show wraps up*?

*Relax, j/k. The show is never wrapping up.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      The show is never wrapping up.
                      Yeah... about that...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thron...ner-1771168499
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

On a different note, I don't know that this is the best place to discuss developments in the books, but if I believe half of what I'm hearing about a Aeron preview chapter for TWOW read by GRRM at a convention... holy hell Euron's storyline is going to get REAL interesting in the books. And maybe the show.
                        Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 06-02-2016, 05:27 PM.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

One request, please keep book spoilers hidden like EoDS. I think we are all ok with TV spoilers in here since it's a separate thread. But not all of us have read the books yet.

Thanks EoDS.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also why I kept it super vague.

Comment

Even as a book reader, I don't pay attention to the preview chapter releases. I don't like that they're random, and out of context.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Also, what constitutes a book spoiler these days? There isn't anything left from the books that hasn't been surpassed by the show. The only thing left is comparing the differences.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X