Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Honestly, I don't really know how I didn't see the Bolton shakeup coming.
    Oh come now. In white: the second he said "guess what, I've got a new son!" I turned to my wife and said, "guess what? I'm going to die in the next 10 seconds." It took 15 -- sue me.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Spoiler question in white, although I guess we're doing spoilers here, but anyway:

Who was the dude who tossed Greyjoy off the bridge and have we ever seen him before? I caught that it was "brother," but that was all news to me.
      Answer below

That was Euron Greyjoy. He was believed to be dead, by his brother anyway.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Huh. Had we ever heard that before?
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Huh. Had we ever heard that before?
          I don't recall anyone mentioning him in the show before (and really, S2 would've been the only time to bring it up).

To be fair, he was a mere footnote in the appendices of the books before he showed up there as well.

Nice that they have Aeron "Damphair" back on the show, but I'm not sure how many people will recognize him as another of Balon's brothers.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            I don't recall anyone mentioning him in the show before (and really, S2 would've been the only time to bring it up).

To be fair, he was a mere footnote in the appendices of the books before he showed up there as well.

Nice that they have Aeron "Damphair" back on the show, but I'm not sure how many people will recognize him as another of Balon's brothers.
            I'm guessing only book readers would know that we saw Euron and Aeron Greyjoy in those scenes. I was expecting a Victarion sighting too. Do we know if Victarion has been cast for this season, or has he been cut from the story? If Victarion is cut, it would be a nice twist if (book spoilers following)Euron sent Theon to Merreen in Victarion's place, to woo Dany. I feel like the Greyjoys need to go to Merreen now, since Dany's fleet is burned.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Oh come now. In white: the second he said "guess what, I've got a new son!" I turned to my wife and said, "guess what? I'm going to die in the next 10 seconds." It took 15 -- sue me.
              It was telegraphed. If you looked carefully, you saw the knife hidden on Ramsey's belt behind his back.

Tyrion consistently has the best lines in the show. Or is it that Dinklage just delivers them so well? In the hands of a lesser actor that scene with the dragons doesn't work. With Dinklage it was spellbinding television.

Where do people think Theon is heading? Had a lively debate on another board about whether he returns to Riverfell and hopes to get close enough to Ramsey to get his revenge, or head back to the Iron Islands? I think the scene we see in the preview "I've got a gift for you" is Theon/Reek returning to Riverfell. He'll tell Ramsey that Sansa killed Miranda and that he chased her but Brienne killed everyone and he was a coward so he hid. Or will he try to get back to the Iron Islands and try to make amends with his family?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                I'm guessing only book readers would know that we saw Euron and Aeron Greyjoy in those scenes. I was expecting a Victarion sighting too. Do we know if Victarion has been cast for this season, or has he been cut from the story? If Victarion is cut, it would be a nice twist if (book spoilers following)Euron sent Theon to Merreen in Victarion's place, to woo Dany. I feel like the Greyjoys need to go to Merreen now, since Dany's fleet is burned.
                Haha... woo Dany with what, exactly? Asha/Yara has more to offer her!
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Well at the time yes it seemed obvious. I meant that I didn't see it coming before the episode.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Haha... woo Dany with what, exactly? Asha/Yara has more to offer her!
                    Well, yes, that may prove to be an issue for him.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well at the time yes it seemed obvious. I meant that I didn't see it coming before the episode.
                      There was a split second during the scene I thought the roles would be reversed, and Roose would be the one to stab Ramsey.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Ditto. I thought that was what happened until I saw the knife.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The only thing that surprised me about Ramsey's actions was the hounds. I always thought that he enjoyed actually performing the deeds and would want to relish everything that the freedom and power that was to come to him that day.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Ramsey enjoys the setup to pain and suffering more.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              The only thing that surprised me about Ramsey's actions was the hounds. I always thought that he enjoyed actually performing the deeds and would want to relish everything that the freedom and power that was to come to him that day.
                              It was for the parallelism of what Bolton said, "if you behave like a mad dog they will feed you to the pigs behind the stables."
                              Cornell University

Comment

Oh. OK, I get that.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X