Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Gotcha, thanks for the info again.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      True, guessing that guy who shows up out of nowhere and sacrifices himself to save Jon has some relation to the lord of light but still, kinda beside the point here.
      The guy who showed up to save Jon is named Cold Hands, a dead/reanimated version of Benjen Stark, Jon's uncle. His disappearance during season 1 led to a good amount of the plot for that season and season 2.

They don't explain the Cold Hands moniker in the show. He showed up last season to save Bran. In the books, he helped save Samwell and Guilly when they were returning to the Wall.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I've always just assumed they were turning him into a white walker because to be a wight you have to die. You're just a zombie under mind control. I think the Night King probably recognizes great fighters that are more valuable to the race than just cannon fodder.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          Gotcha, I knew I recognized him but it's been a couple years since I watched the old episodes and what not and forgot what he did. Thanks for the info. I assume that guy has some relation to the lord of light.
          In the show, the Children of the Forest raised him.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            With exception of Tormund and Brienne, which never was a thing other than in Tormund's mind, IMO, the majority of the others were pairings made for political reasons, even if one side didn't know it. Jon and Ygritte was more of an opportunity and time, but it didn't play out in a weak manner, the way this Jon and Dany thing has so far.
            Brienne and Renly?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Brienne and Renly?
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Brienne and Renly?
                The closest comparison to Brienne and Renly is Dany and Jorah. It was completely 1-sided and it ended up leading to the one that is pining for the other performing the role as body guard for the other.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  The closest comparison to Brienne and Renly is Dany and Jorah. It was completely 1-sided and it ended up leading to the one that is pining for the other performing the role as body guard for the other.
                  OK. But it shows that we've had to sit through pining, dewy-eyed romantic lameness long before this Dany-Jon thing that has so many seemingly bothered. And straight from GRRM, and not just the show-runners' own creative impulses.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

OK. But it shows that we've had to sit through pining, dewy-eyed romantic lameness long before this Dany-Jon thing that has so many seemingly bothered. And straight from GRRM, and not just the show-runners' own creative impulses.

I don't think there has been "dewy-eyed romantic lameness" to this point.

The rest of the actual romantic relationships were normal everyday life stuff including the ones that haven't been reciprocal.

I don't have a problem with Jon and "Dany" () being into each other. Makes total sense. The two prettiest people... neither attached... similar life situations/burdens...

If I'm him, I'm all over that. Same if I'm her.

The execution has been lame and almost seems to be geared towards an MTV crowd. Just hate to see the show take an unfortunate turn and worry about the boogeyman slippery slope.
                    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 08-23-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      I don't have a problem with Jon and "Dany" () being into each other. Makes total sense. The two prettiest people... neither attached... similar life situations/burdens...

If I'm him, I'm all over that. Same if I'm her.
                      If I'm him, yes, of course -- good lord what male or female wouldn't be into her?!

But if I'm her... just... no. He's about as desirable as athlete's foot. He's Lee Adama.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        If I'm him, yes, of course -- good lord what male or female wouldn't be into her?!

But if I'm her... just... no. He's about as desirable as athlete's foot. He's Lee Adama.
                        But he's her nephew, which, to a Targaryen, has to be **** near irresistible.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Fair point.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            She doesn't know that yet!

Jon's Ned Stark haircut doesn't do him many favors. Or so I'm told, of course.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

But those eyes... I could get lost in there.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Its like a 6th sense.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X