Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I think it's also why he wants the Red Lady in the room, thinking she could not only resurrect Lord Commander Snow but also send off some shadow beasts at the traitors.
    He justs wants to see her shoot black shadows out of her hoo-hah.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      There is officially no point to Dorne I the show.

**** near the opposite of the books.
      There wasn't much point to Dorne in the books, either. The show is worse, but it was a close thing.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        There wasn't much point to Dorne in the books, either. The show is worse, but it was a close thing.
        Lies.

Prince Doran's long con is quite clearly a major role in the endgame of the series.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Lies.

Prince Doran's long con is quite clearly a major role in the endgame of the series.
          It's a meaningless add-on by a writer who is incapable of finishing the mess he got himself into. He should have kept his foot down when his editor pushed for the "7 books for 7 Kingdoms" when he originally had about 4 books worth and had to add mountains of filler.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            It's a meaningless add-on by a writer who is incapable of finishing the mess he got himself into. He should have kept his foot down when his editor pushed for the "7 books for 7 Kingdoms" when he originally had about 4 books worth and had to add mountains of filler.
            Oh sure, and their immediate support of any Targaryen that lands in Westeros is just meaningless filler...

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Oh sure, and their immediate support of any Targaryen that lands in Westeros is just meaningless filler...
              Well,

it's an obvious Blackfyre pretender which will take up most of tWOW if and when he writes that and will leave another 20 year wait until it's resolved.

So yes, filler.

Comment

Lies.

Prince Doran's long con went up in flames, literally, at the end of Dance. (at least, I think it was Dance)
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Prince Doran's long con went up in flames, literally, at the end of Dance. (at least, I think it was Dance)
                  He still has Arianne and (f)Aegon.

And, if we want to put on our tin foil hats, there's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF7dbXuGTJY

But still, whatever happens with Valyrians coming over the Narrow Sea, they've got people well placed in King's Landing and Oldtown.

Comment

"Next time I have an idea like that, punch me in the face "

Comment

The sleeper has awakened.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Wow. That was awesome.

Effing Ramsey Bolton, though.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You knew that when they hadn't burned the body, he was coming back either as his old self or with eyes of blue. As his old self was expected, but with blue eyes would've made it a lot more interesting.

Did anyone expect that much humor in the first half-hour of the show? The giant, drunkard and then Tyrion's line to end his time on screen tonight might be the line of the season no matter whatever else may come.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I think the Khal's line "Seeing a beautiful woman naked is one of the FIVE best things in life" deserves mention as well. But yes, that Tyrion scene was great.

Honestly, I don't really know how I didn't see the Bolton shakeup coming. Saw the Greyjoy one coming a mile away, obviously. Was supposed to have happened already.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Spoiler question in white, although I guess we're doing spoilers here, but anyway:

Who was the dude who tossed Greyjoy off the bridge and have we ever seen him before? I caught that it was "brother," but that was all news to me.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"Next time I have an idea like that, punch me in the face "
                                Too much fan service. They don't want to Buffy-ize this show. That's lazy.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 05-02-2016, 01:50 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X