Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Did anyone else get the impression from Arya's last scene, and the look, and smirk, on Jaqen's face that this was his goal the whole time? What is the Faceless Men's goal here? If they were trying to train Arya and send her back to the North of Westeros, does that mean something? Do the Faceless Men know about the White Walkers, and is Arya important in some way?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Did anyone else get the impression from Arya's last scene, and the look, and smirk, on Jaqen's face that this was his goal the whole time? What is the Faceless Men's goal here? If they were trying to train Arya and send her back to the North of Westeros, does that mean something? Do the Faceless Men know about the White Walkers, and is Arya important in some way?
      I definitely get the feeling that the faceless men were hoping Arya would survive the other girl's attacks. Not sure about the attitude of the rest, if the guy was just proud of her development and her choosing to be her own person?
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I got the impression it was his plan. I didn't think about the idea that it was their geopolitical goal for her to go back home and Be Part Of The Solution (although now you say it I like it as fitting into the show's political arcs overdetermining all the characters' actions). I thought of it more personally: Arya is not faceless, she is Arya, that is her correct place in the world. Whereas The Running Girl (and man that was a cool chase) is the perfect machine who simply executes code, Arya is a human being who weighs merits and deals in grey areas. The world needs both, but the latter are vanishingly rare, so we don't want to waste one.

That was a terrific episode. Just the right balance of action, ideas, and gratuitous violence. All it was missing was boobies.
        Last edited by Kepler; 06-13-2016, 09:54 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          All it was missing was boobies.
          Have to settle for Clegane Cock.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Have to settle for Clegane Cock.
            No judgments here.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Calling it now: episode 10 concludes with Cersei saying "Burn them all" as Qyburn sets off the Wildfyre. Fade to black. Credits.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Calling it now: episode 10 concludes with Cersei saying "Burn them all" as Qyburn sets off the Wildfyre. Fade to black. Credits.
                I think it ends with either the Nights King walking through the tunnel at Castle Black, or with the wall collapsing.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm guessing we're going to see the Knights of the vale on Sunday. That would be bad if that battle concludes as the Night King watches only to lift his hands.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Wun Wun is going to die next week and I'm going to be angry as hell.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Wun Wun is going to die next week and I'm going to be angry as hell.
                      Totally going to happen. He's going to kill about 200 of Ramsey's men first though.
                      Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 06-16-2016, 08:52 AM.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Totally going to happen. He's going to kill about 200 of Ramsey's men first though.
                        No, he'll kill many more than 200. A few might even flee upon seeing him.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Well, Ramsay only needs 20 good men anyway. Hopefully Wun Wun concentrates on those.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Wow. Just, wow. That was insanely good.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

"You and I have that in common."

- Yara Greyjoy

Great episode.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

I really thought he would receive the Theon No-Joy before his final ending. I guess that just goes to show one house is nobler than the other.

Great episode.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X