Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    John Snow knows nothing about military strategy.

But Yara's azz in tight leather pants? Yowza.
    I figured I wasn't the only that noticed that. Go Yara.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Lucia Apologist

Yara is quietly one of the best looking on the show.

That back-and-forth with Dany was really entertaining.

Drunkard

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

In retrospect, I'm thinking that instead of his dogs tearing Ramsey's face off, they should have started a little bit lower. A little payback for Theon.

"Eisenhower!! Schwantz!!!"
    Last edited by rufus; 06-21-2016 at 07:10 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    In retrospect, I'm thinking that instead of his dogs tearing Ramsey's face off, they should have started a little bit lower. A little payback for Theon.
    I really thought Sansa should've started the process for him, tossing the little bits and kibble to the pooches as an appetizer of sorts before exiting the kennels.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

I think its better that Sansa gets exactly what she wants without doing anything. She didn't harm Ramsey at all. Ramsey did himself in by not feeding his own dogs which then turned on him...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Lucia Apologist

Agreed

Yep, still here

What an episode. What a season.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    What an episode. What a season.
    True dat. My favorite season since the first. It's nice to see Arya's found a trade.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Yeah. They nailed it. On all counts. So **** good.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

wubba lubba dub dub

So... half of John Snow's has been definitively answered. The other half is pretty much written in the, well, snow.

Tommen, I didn't see that coming. At the same time, it makes sense. King's Landing is pretty well fukced.

Dorne actually is relevant, who'd have guessed that?

So we're about to see a Battle of Five Armies? We're right back to the beginning of season 2, only with different players now. (Kings/Queens: the North, the Night, the Iron Islands, the Lannisters, and far East returning home.

And here I was, foolishly expecting a quiet episode purely bent on exposition.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Yep, still here

The other half is pretty obvious given Robert's antipathy for Targaryen's.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

He fixes the cable?
    Exactly. Why what would the Kingsguard, especially Dayne, be there? Protecting the bloodline.

Lyanna wasn't kidnapped. She eloped.

wubba lubba dub dub

Yeah, but there's always the possibility of a curve ball coming our way. Just as we assume something's going one way, it changes directions. Just look at John Snow's situation. I didn't really expect the houses to declare for him. Little Finger didn't either, and you could see his wheels turning anew. Combine that with Cersei's position, and he may have to forsake the North if he wants the Iron Throne... only to then hand it over yet another women - this one riding into town on a great black dragon.

Never Forget!

When Dany said "Just impatient to get on with it" I thought, 'Yes, now you know how we all feel!!'

I so forecast that girl killing Walder Frey, but I thought she was sent by Jamie...the Arya twist caught me off guard.

Uncle Benjen just left them in the middle of the woods by themselves? Da fuq?

So now we know R+L=J with 99.9% certainty. When they did the picture dissolve I had flashbacks to the beginning of Saving Private Ryan and the face dissolve that was a total misdirection. There are only 13 episodes left though, so I can't see them doing a misdirect like that.

I am so glad Sansa slapped down Little Finger, especially with how he talked about Jon after she and Jon had already had their discussion.
    "I'm not a Stark."
    'You are to me.'

"Long may she reign" Nope. I can't decide if I want Tyrion to kill her, Jamie to run her through or a dragon to burn her alive.

Drunkard

Sweet merciful crap.

Drunkard

They may have senselessly murdered House Martell, but we got his "Hearts desire... Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood." speech in its own roundabout way tonight.

And holy ****balls The Mad Queen struck, and struck hard.

Other fun book stuff that got squeezed in: the Frey pies, Pycelle getting the Ser Kevan/"no ill will" treatment.

Never Forget!

Who rules the Twins and River Run now that the Frey line has ended?

Did Arya let poor Edmure out of his cell before she left?

Drunkard

The Lannister line is pretty well screwed, outside of Jaime settling down or a distant cousin appearing. Short of someone figuring out where Gendry rowed to, House Baratheon, both "real" and the false Baratheons from twincest, is extinguished. The Tyrells are down to whatever unnamed and not mentioned cousins Loras and Margaery might have left, unless Wylas and Garlan appear out of the land of retcon.

The Frey line, however, isn't ended, Lord Walder had kids to spare.

I am curious to know what Edmures fate is in all of this.

wubba lubba dub dub

I'm pretty sure Garlan was mentioned in past episodes by Granny Martell during her discussion with Sansa, mentioning that he just stays at home for his reasons.

How many Freys did Arya have to kill in order to wipe out that line? The guy had kids like a jack rabbit. As to Edmure, we don't know that Arya knew he was in the castle; she could go back to free him during mop up operations but it would've been unlikely to do prior to de-Freying of River Run.

Thread Information