Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Also, what constitutes a book spoiler these days? There isn't anything left from the books that hasn't been surpassed by the show. The only thing left is comparing the differences.
    GRRM said that the endings between the show and books will be different as some of the changes already aired in the show have ensured that.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      GRRM said that the endings between the show and books will be different as some of the changes already aired in the show have ensured that.
      Meaning, the show will have Jon sit the throne, and the book will have it be Cersei.

Or Ramsey.

Personally, I want Tormund Giantsbane on the Iron Throne.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm holding out hope for Drogon, first of his name, with Hot Pie as his personal chef.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

If I had to pick my top 3 for sitting on the throne it would be:

1 Tormund
          2 Littlefinger
          3 Jon Snow

Honorable Mention: Olenna Tyrell, Dany, Lady Stoneheart, Jorah, Euron Greyjoy, Davos
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm team Davos. He looks like Ron Swanson in 15 years or so.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

I wouldn't mind Tyrion at this point.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Meaning, the show will have Jon sit the throne, and the book will have it be Cersei.

Or Ramsey.

Personally, I want Tormund Giantsbane on the Iron Throne.
                With Brienne as his queen.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

And a very attractive bear as his sigil

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Rifftrax comes to Game Of Thrones
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

Was that Ian McShane in the opening scene with the building of the new sept tonight?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

And now that they're back from opening credits, it was McShane. I had no idea he was set to appear this season.

Comment

So now it's mad dog rising. This should build for some good blood shed next week, perhaps even a higher body count if those three Brothers are found with their fellows.

Comment

Ian McShane rules. I knew he was in this season, and am bummed it was only for an episode.

He gave away some spoilers before the season started. When the internet went bananas about it, he responded "It's **** and dragons, grow up."

He also claims that he only did it to hang out with friends. Both were killed off last season. One of them being Stephen Dillane.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Yara was basically eating a seven course meal in front of a guy on a feeding tube.

The Stark girls are still mind-numbingly stupid. The assassination attempt was telegraphed and she still walked right into it. And what was the waif's hurry? Did she have somewhere to be? She couldn't hang out for a few minutes to make sure Arya was really dead? Sansa has some set on her to question Davos' credentials and then she turns back to Littlefinger for help. How many times are you going to play with fire before it sinks in that it's a bad idea?

Thankfully we didn't have to suffer through Dany, Drogon and the Dathraki horde checking into a Motel 6 and sit through yet another speech about what a badazz she is and what she's going to do when she gets to Westeros. Get there already! **** or get off the pot.

That giant is quite the loquacious chap, isn't he?

Grandma Tyrell has zero f--ks to give about Cersei and her problems.

The Hound reminds me of Don Corleone in III: Just when I'm out, they pull me back in! He was all set to chop wood and live quietly for the rest of his days and then someone had to go and massacre his new friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X