Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    One of my favorite continuing themes, especially this season, is how all the Stark kids are all low-key privileged and terrible. They're the Michael Bluth of Westeros, not realizing they're just as insane as the rest.

Cersei's trial is supposed to be the main event next week. This past episode was cool from a visual standpoint, but it was basically a Michael Bay movie. Lots of big budget effects, no story.
    Ha, a Michael Bay movie. That is laughably inaccurate.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Ha, a Michael Bay movie. That is laughably inaccurate.
      Shh, leave him be. Everyone else liked the episode so he has to automatically dislike it for some inane reason. He can't help it.

Comment

I don't know why, but the lack of any sort of Umber conspiracy (or involvement of the Manderlys) was kind of disappointing.

At the end of the day, Smalljon really did **** over the Starks, Rickon in particular.

Edit: In hindsight, nobody screwed over Rickon Stark more than Sansa. She's spent too much time with Ramsay and Littlefinger. She had every opportunity to impact Jon's planning and the negotiations with Ramsay by dropping the table-turning knowledge of the Vale helping them out. Maybe she's just that dumbfounded that Vale Ex Machina managed to take Moat Cailin and march all the way to Winterfell without anyone affiliated with the Boltons knowing?
        Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 06-20-2016, 06:57 PM.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

John Snow knows nothing about military strategy.

But Yara's azz in tight leather pants? Yowza.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            She's not demanding a marriage, but she'll see where goes.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

John Snow knows nothing about military strategy.

I figured I wasn't the only that noticed that. Go Yara.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yara is quietly one of the best looking on the show.

That back-and-forth with Dany was really entertaining.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://youtu.be/Q0dA9eUP85s

Inevitable.

Comment

In retrospect, I'm thinking that instead of his dogs tearing Ramsey's face off, they should have started a little bit lower. A little payback for Theon.

"Eisenhower!! Schwantz!!!"
                    Last edited by rufus; 06-21-2016, 07:10 PM.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

In retrospect, I'm thinking that instead of his dogs tearing Ramsey's face off, they should have started a little bit lower. A little payback for Theon.
                      I really thought Sansa should've started the process for him, tossing the little bits and kibble to the pooches as an appetizer of sorts before exiting the kennels.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I think its better that Sansa gets exactly what she wants without doing anything. She didn't harm Ramsey at all. Ramsey did himself in by not feeding his own dogs which then turned on him...
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Agreed
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What an episode. What a season.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              What an episode. What a season.
                              True dat. My favorite season since the first. It's nice to see Arya's found a trade.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah. They nailed it. On all counts. So **** good.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X