Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Is there a way to see the spoiler text in mobile? Also I thought we didnít need to use spoiler text in here?
    Here's what Kep said in the spoiler.

Cersie has now merged completely with Claire Underwood.

Jon Snow is still a drip. I don't buy any chemistry between him and Daenerys. She would eat him alive.

When Arya saw the dragons it was the only time has actually been impressed n the run of the show. That was a very good moment.

Sansa had a really good point: the f-ck is she going to feed all the Unsullied and Dothraki, not to mentions dragons that clear an entire pasture with every meal?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Here's what Kep said in the spoiler.
    You could have used the updated version; I do get better. I have removed the spoiler font below.

Cersie has now merged completely with Claire Underwood.

Jon Snow is still a drip. I don't buy any chemistry between him and Daenerys. She would eat him alive.

When Arya saw the dragons it was the only time she has ever been impressed. That was my favorite moment.

Sansa had a really good point: the f-ck is she going to feed all the Unsullied and Dothraki, not to mention dragons that clear an entire pasture with every meal, in the middle of Winter in a war-ravaged minor province that was none too rich to begin with? The 1940 Wehrmacht couldn't have lived off the land in Wales.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Sansa had a really good point: the f-ck is she going to feed all the Unsullied and Dothraki, not to mention dragons that clear an entire pasture with every meal, in the middle of Winter in a war-ravaged minor province that was none too rich to begin with? The 1940 Wehrmacht couldn't have lived off the land in Wales.
    In a show that includes dragons, zombies (including dragon zombies), giving birth to murderous apparitions, bringing dead people back to life and a thousand foot high thousand mile long wall of snow and ice, you're bitter we've been asked to take a leap of faith on their food supply?
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Never Forget!
    You could have used the updated version; I do get better.
    Cersei turned you into a newt?

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    In a show that includes dragons, zombies (including dragon zombies), giving birth to murderous apparitions, bringing dead people back to life and a thousand foot high thousand mile long wall of snow and ice, you're bitter we've been asked to take a leap of faith on their food supply?
    The good news is that I doubt it will be that long before they meet in battle so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Cersei turned you into a newt?
    a rayburn. newt is an anathema to him.

Never Forget!

One thing I had a problem with was when Sam told Jon about Dany killing his family he expressed shock and says, "She didn't tell you?" When, exactly, would she have mentioned this to him? In her grand plan his House was a minor annoyance, not a player like the Lannisters, Starks or even Tyrells. It isn't like she's going to give Jon a roll call of all the people Drogon burned alive.

I'm not bitter, I'm logistically irritated.

The hallmark of good fantasy is you make something make believe -- magic, dragons, god -- real, but then the rest of the world operates along the same mundane rules.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

He fixes the cable?
    If it isn't directly brought up by the show itself, it is easier to ignore.

wubba lubba dub dub

One thing I had a problem with was when Sam told Jon about Dany killing his family he expressed shock and says, "She didn't tell you?" When, exactly, would she have mentioned this to him? In her grand plan his House was a minor annoyance, not a player like the Lannisters, Starks or even Tyrells. It isn't like she's going to give Jon a roll call of all the people Drogon burned alive.
    And it's not like Jon would have said "Samwell Tarly" when speaking with Dany. For all intents and purposes, they gave up their family affiliations until death. He's now just Samwell.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

wubba lubba dub dub

I'm not bitter, I'm logistically irritated.

The hallmark of good fantasy is you make something make believe -- magic, dragons, god -- real, but then the rest of the world operates along the same mundane rules.
    And the mundane rules of the real world are usually what cause the little problems that hinder solving the BIG THING within the story.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    If it isn't directly brought up by the show itself, it is easier to ignore.
    I don't foresee starvation of the armies being much of a plot point going forward. In my opinion, Sansa's food comment was intended as part of her expression of bitterness directed to Dany.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    And the mundane rules of the real world are usually what cause the little problems that hinder solving the BIG THING within the story.
    Terry Pratchett was terrific at this.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

I don't foresee starvation of the armies being much of a plot point going forward. In my opinion, Sansa's food comment was intended as part of her expression of bitterness directed to Dany.
    Oh, definitely. Also to remind us that she is her own woman, now. As she said at some point, she's a slow learner... but she learns. She's Catelyn 2.0.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

I agree with St. Clown's comment but I also think the way Tyrion talks about the Tarly family in that scene, it seems like the Tarly clan is a big deal but the show has never really given it's due? Like until recently we didn't care about Greyjoys but now they're a big deal...idk. It seems like someone would have brought up the destruction of an "important" family even if it was just Tyrion dropping it to Snow in conversation?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Yep, still here

I suspect the food issues will be fixed by half the army dying in two weeks.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I agree with St. Clown's comment but I also think the way Tyrion talks about the Tarly family in that scene, it seems like the Tarly clan is a big deal but the show has never really given it's due? Like until recently we didn't care about Greyjoys but now they're a big deal...idk. It seems like someone would have brought up the destruction of an "important" family even if it was just Tyrion dropping it to Snow in conversation?
    The families were on a tiered system below the King. Tier 1 - wardens of the area. Tier 2 - families like Karstarks in the North, seen as influential in the region, but serve the wardens. Tier 3 - they own land, but are seen as relatively poor and insignificant except when otherwise needed. The Tarlys were committed to High Garden, so they struck me as a Tier 2 family.

That felt a little weird watching Arya...

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    That felt a little weird watching Arya...
    Twincest: OK
    Aunt and nephew: OK
    Arya and Gendry: GAH!

He fixes the cable?

Podrick's voice is wonderful!

Thread Information