Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    In the hands of a lesser actor that scene with the dragons doesn't work. With Dinklage it was spellbinding television.
    That was a terrific scene. And I agree, Dinklage is the the best traditional actor on the show, which is why I wish they wouldn't give him the wink, wink, nudge, nudge fan service lines. Those are lazy, whereas he can do wonders with ambiguity and straight dialog.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      That was a terrific scene. And I agree, Dinklage is the the best traditional actor on the show, which is why I wish they wouldn't give him the wink, wink, nudge, nudge fan service lines. Those are lazy, whereas he can do wonders with ambiguity and straight dialog.
      Those fan service lines were often in the books for Tyrion. At this point, since the show has moved beyond the books in my areas, the show runners are just keeping him to character.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Completely agree. That scene was a masterpiece. How he's only won one or two major awards for this show is amazing.

That scene raised the hair on the back of my neck.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Bloodraven is a serious *****-tease.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

That's exactly what I said. It's both infuriating and mesmerizing.

This was a great episode for being so early in the season.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That very tail ending of the story came as a complete surprise to me. Very powerful. The scene with Eddard Stark was truly enlightening, as is watching Bran's desire for more information on his the past is quite telling and will likely come to a momentous situation at the end of the season to tip the scales in favor of some battle we've not yet seen building on screen yet this season.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

"From your perspective, this is a problem."

Varys rules.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Varys is awesome.

TER delivered a hell of a tease, but man I got some goosebumps hearing some of the book dialogue between Ned and Dayne. It's right to save the real reveal for later in the season, when Jon (or Dany?) are further along their arc.

GOD ****IT, NO NOT SHAGGYDOG!!! Also, Rickon and Osha are likely candidates for a flaying later on, aren't they?

Drogon burns Vaes Dothrak to ashes by Ep 6. Calling it.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Varys is awesome.

TER delivered a hell of a tease, but man I got some goosebumps hearing some of the book dialogue between Ned and Dayne. It's right to save the real reveal for later in the season, when Jon (or Dany?) are further along their arc.

GOD ****IT, NO NOT SHAGGYDOG!!! Also, Rickon and Osha are likely candidates for a flaying later on, aren't they?

Drogon burns Vaes Dothrak to ashes by Ep 6. Calling it.
                    I was kind of thinking that Drogon shows up at the same time as Tyrion learns of her location and sends the other two. Drogon then has to protect Dany from them because they're finally see her and pop their lids because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Bloodraven is a serious *****-tease.
                      No kidding. Just let us the god**** Tower of Joy you old bastard!
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        That very tail ending of the story came as a complete surprise to me. Very powerful. The scene with Eddard Stark was truly enlightening, as is watching Bran's desire for more information on his the past is quite telling and will likely come to a momentous situation at the end of the season to tip the scales in favor of some battle we've not yet seen building on screen yet this season.
                        The moment where he stopped and turned, apparently hearing Bran, made my heart stop. Seriously good staging.

I have no trouble believing Daenerys will easily get out of the First Wives Club. She's been in way worse situations. Were I she, I'd turn them into a Council of Elders to adjudicate the issues the silly men get themselves wrapped around the axle about. Beats trial by combat.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 05-09-2016, 10:20 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I have no trouble believing Daenerys will easily get out of the First Wives Club. She's been in way worse situations. Were I she, I'd turn them into a Council of Elders to adjudicate the issues the silly men get themselves wrapped around the axle about. Beats trial by combat.
                          Turns out she had a different idea.

Dany The Conqueress.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

It's getting hot in here
                            So take off all your clothes

Jean Grey can do us all a favor by having Captain Phasma eliminate Mayor Carcetti next week

So Melisandre thinks Jon Snow is the Chosen One. Will his fate be closer to that of Harry Potter or Ted Cruz?

The irony is that if Ramsay had kept his pen dry instead of writing that insulting letter the Chosen One would still be acting like a little b!tc# at Castle Black instead of marching on Winterfell to destroy him

Comment

Really liked the introduction of the pink letter. Obviously done differently than in the books, but it worked pretty well how they did it in the show.

I agree that it wasn't surprising at all that Dany got out of this situation quickly. Also, I think this means that GRRM's assertion that Dany didn't get burned in the funeral pyre because of blood magic, not because she's a true dragon. Sure seems like its because she's a dragon now...didn't see any blood magic in last night's episode. Now, just need to get the Ironborn to Meeren and **** can truly hit the fan.

I am very curious about this idea of the Tyrell army is heading to King's Landing to take out the Sparrows. I am wondering if the Sand Snake led Dornish army interferes? We know that the Sand Snakes are up to something, with one in disguise at the Citadel, already. Then we have their actions during this season, and we know that they are craving vengeance.

Really glad that we got to see Littlefinger again. He is easily one of the best, and most interesting character in the story, and it is better with him meddling in other peoples ****. Getting the Knights of the Vale involved will be awesome, and I'm really eager to see how all of Littlefingers plans come together. He knows how to play the game better than anyone in the show, it is fascinating to see how he operates.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I like Littlefinger too, but think Varys is every bit as good as him with the games.

That only thing better than seeing just how much he has Robin wrapped around his finger, is seeing how much the others know it but can't do a darn thing. The kid's super imbalanced, and they all fear for their lives.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X